Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• testosterone replacement - prostate problems

Hi,

I have been on Sustanon injections for 4.5 years. In the last year, I started to have problems with my prostate (I am 35 y old), so I visited my urologist and he has prescribed me a Finasteride medicine (something like Proscar).

Just wanted to ask if any of you have had problems with prostate when taking testosterone shots/gels.

I have had regular checks on testosterone levels every year, and they are ok, within normal limits.

Thank you.

One of the things they monitor - other info here

http://www.andrologyaustralia.org/pa...ode=MONITORING

Cheers

Kiwi
    >>>>>>>>>
    TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
    TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

Kiwi,

thank you for your both answers and links, they are very helpful. The link describing Reandron says "The testosterone is released slowly so that men do not experience the peaks and troughs that are common with standard injections." What is your experience so far? Are you able to keep a constant testosterone level that does not fluctuate too much?

Using Sustanon, the level of testosterone changes quite rapidly, recently I had two blood checks, one right after Sustanon shot (testosterone almost reached maximum limit), second one at the end of the cycle - one day before another Sustanon shot (testosterone almost reached lowest limit), they were both within the limits however the testosterone level dropped some 200 % in the 2nd check compared to the 1st one. Doctor says that such a "volatility" may be the reason I have problems with prostate.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi

Reandron seems to be a long term thing at least a year to sort out, yes there are peasks and lows but over time these start to be less varied.

Constant monitoring of 2 weeks after a Shot and one week shot moved me from the standard 12 weeks to 9 week cycles. First ones are 6 weeks apart.

I have learnt to recognise the variances between peaks and lows but overall I never really had too much of a problem. More recently my lows have been around 21 and high around 28.

Also some guys will find the shots very painfull, have been lucky here too, I seem to have a fairky high pain tollerance, cause the docs over the years with different things have told me there should be x pain and I have gone no or little pain.

I also seemed to strick it lucky with my Endo.

There are also some different reasons that can impact on your Testosterone like pituitary function, you should seek a good Endo thaty understand T replacement and get their thoughs and Analysis.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Kiwi
        >>>>>>>>>
        TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

Your low/high fluctuations are very very good. Mine go from 40 to 10 during 3 weeks Sustanon cycle. I am going to switch to Nebido, seems like a much better option. I think pain will be ok, have been self-injecting Sustanon into my thighs, no problem.

Thank you!

Comment

[QUOTE=Kiwi;
            More recently my lows have been around 21 and high around 28.
            QUOTE]

Should note that in Australia the "normal" is noted as 10.0 - 33.0 with the units of measurement being nmol/L for Testosterone.

Free Testosterone has a range of 40.0 - 100.00 with the unit of measue being pmol/L, this is only reviewed now and again with the last back in July and that was a reading of 36 with was also a low for my T too.

The Sex hormones area of this Wiki page give some other information on ranges that I have not found before

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referen...or_blood_tests

Cheers

Kiwi
            >>>>>>>>>

Comment

Working...
            X