Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uni-lateral Orchiectomy and Ejaculation

Hey guys,

Fresh out of surgery and i had a more sexual question than medical..

Though there shouldnt be any problems getting a hard on with the solitary testicle, how would ejaculation be effected?

Less fluid?

Longer endurance than usual ?

what can be expected once things are ready and the pipes need to be cleaned. If you know what i mean ?

I hope that isnt to personal a question or out of bounds.. i figure hey.. this is a testicular cancer forum.. anything goes and i think we all need a little humor to carry on after this.
    I know i have to
    Janurary 31 2011 Ultrasound Confirms Mass Within right Testicle
    February 11th Right Orchiectomy Successful
    PathologyStage 1 PURE SEMINOMA confined with no spermatic cord/lymphatic invasion
    Currently on Surveillance (Yeah baby!)
    1 Successful Sperm Freezing Pre-Orchiectomy and 1 Equally Successful Sperm Freezing 4 weeks Post Orchiectomy.

I'll jump in as no one else has! I had a left I/O on January 18. I didn't have much of an 'appetite' the first week or so, mostly due to the pain. I've noticed no difference in any of the things you mentioned in your post. I have a female friend who'd fiance was born with one testicle, and she swears one is better than two. I haven't worked up the nerve to ask her why...

US 01.17.11, solid vascular mass
    left I/O 01.18.11
    4.0x3.0x2.6cm, 100% seminoma
    pT2, lymphovascular invasion stage 1b

Comment

Mate

You should not notice any differance at all.

Its possible that later on you could experience low testosterobe abd that would change things but one guy will generally produce enough T for you.

Cheer

Kiwi
      >>>>>>>>>
      TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
      TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

maybe this was out of line?

judging by the lack of answers maybe i should apologize to those who didn't fancy that question to much.

i thought it was a fair question and an important one.

Oh well.

thanks to the 2 that posted.
        PathologyStage 1 PURE SEMINOMA confined with no spermatic cord/lymphatic invasion
        1 Successful Sperm Freezing Pre-Orchiectomy and 1 Equally Successful Sperm Freezing 4 weeks Post Orchiectomy.

Comment

It's a fair question, suspect more will answer once they have a chance to check the forum.

I did not get my sperm tested for potency (already have 2 kids) but seemed to be producing plenty after the surgery. Libido was down, and I was feeling pretty blah, and had been for a year or more. No problem getting an erection. Have been having problems with endurance for a couple years and no change after surgery. My testosterone was pretty low after surgery and I had symptoms well before surgery. I'm getting supplemented now and it is having lots of effects on sex performance, none of them good.
          7/2010: stage 1B mixed NSGCT. Left I/O + 1X BEP. TRT (pellets). All clear as of 8/2012

Comment

Specifically guys who have a solitary testicle left... without chemo or radiation

Does it take longer to reach climax?

Same amount of Load,Cum, Jizz whatever you want to call it.

Comment

You shouldn't notice any difference, and if you do it would probably mean your T levels were low before the I/O. As for the quantity, only a small fraction is sperm. Most is seminal fluid produced by the Prostate. If you have not tested the plumbing by now, you have more will power than I did. My wife and I just had to know.
              "Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off" - Paul Brodeur
              Diagnosis: 05Sept07 Right I/O: 13Sept07; Pure Seminoma; Surveillance only per NCCN: All Clear August2013 (CT scan, Markers)

Comment

cheers paul

thats what i wanted to hear

I guess ive just been afraid of hurting the incision site lol

thanks for your response

much appreciated

Comment

You tromp through forests and you're afraid of a little thing like that hurting you? Jeez. Good luck. We'll presume that no news is good news.
                  "Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off" - Paul Brodeur
                  Diagnosis: 05Sept07 Right I/O: 13Sept07; Pure Seminoma; Surveillance only per NCCN: All Clear August2013 (CT scan, Markers)

Comment

hahahhaha

I guess i just thought that the end of the cut spermatic cord might need to heal over or something?

i dunno but either way . I wont get into detail but 2 days post surgery and all the "mechanics" are working the same as before.

Ill update week by week if things libido or climax etc has dropped but for now I was elated to know things are just fine
                    Last edited by Spruce Moose; 03-07-11, 01:04 PM.

Comment

low T level

got my first blood test back

had the orchiectomy on Feb 11th and its now march 7th and My T level is low.
                      7.5 ...whatever that number means

Im really hoping the remaining testicle jolts itself awake cause .. TRT for the rest of my life cant be a good thing other then short term cure for symptoms. can someone be on TRT for 30 years or more and lead a normal life??

so many questions.. so much stress.. to many tests.

"Oh Well"

Comment

Originally posted by Spruce Moose View Post
                        . TRT for the rest of my life cant be a good thing other then short term cure for symptoms. can someone be on TRT for 30 years or more and lead a normal life??

Well, if you need TRT, you need TRT, it is not a "short term cure for symptoms" but rather a lifelong replacement of an essential hormone. There are serious health consequences to low T, it's not just about sex. See here for more info:

http://www.androids.org.uk

Dave
                        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

23 years and counting.
                          More "normal" than I was prior to TC because my hormone levels were never adequate and I suffered the consequences as it went undiagnosed. I refer to poor concentration bordering on ADHD which inhibited my schooling badly, very late puberty which inhibited my emotional development and sporting progress. Life is much better now.

Dave is right about the long term consequences of low T.

Nick
                          Publisher/Editor
                          The Testosterone Deficiency Centre
                          www.androids.org.uk

Associate Editor
                          The Testicular Cancer Resource Center
                          tcrc.acor.org

Director and writer
                          A Ball Dropped
                          https://vimeo.com/70509556

Comment

Originally posted by Spruce Moose View Post
                            (...) TRT for the rest of my life cant be a good thing other then short term cure for symptoms. can someone be on TRT for 30 years or more and lead a normal life?? (...)
                            Remember that all TRT tries to accomplish is to bring you back to hormone levels that are healthful, with each man very often being a unique case with respect to dosage, method, etc.

When you think of it in those terms, if you need to be on TRT for the rest of your life and consider the alternative which Nick addressed, you do what you need to do. Those of us who have lost both testicles to TC don't have any choice whatsoever so for guys like me it's rather straightforward. As expensive (in the US) and annoying as being on TRT can be, it certainly beats the alternative.
                            TC1: 1996, right orchiectomy, seminoma stage I 3.5 cm mass, radiation therapy (peri-aortic & pelvic 27.3 Gy)
                            TC2: 2008, left orchiectomy, seminoma stage IA 5 cm mass, left & right prostheses, AndroGel TRT, surveillance at MSKCC

Comment

a humbling perspective none the less...

Ill admit yesterday was the first real LOW day ive had since the surgery..

got a cold.. went through a roll of toilet paper blowing my nose all day feeling like crap.
                              I NEVER have gotten headaches in my life so the new problems are probly just because im in between the adjustment period where the solitary testicle is bumping up production.

I need to be more sensitive to the fact that some lose both and must go on TRT and it really is no big deal..
                              I apologize if i came off that way fella's. I know it isnt all that bad and can actually make life better then it waas before. Ill keep this in mind.

Thanks for your support and follow ups.

Cheers EH

Comment

Working...
                              X