X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also..

I am somewhat skeptical of how things like Carboplatin...TRT ..radiation etc will have an effect on the body 5-10-25 or so years down the road..

So i get alarmed when one more egg is added to the basket of problems that we go through on this site..

I mean we all make the ULTIMATE sacrifice lol.. giving 1 or 2 balls is an insane amount of stress and problems to go through let alone all the other treatments.. Its alot to take in.

I know ive got the better end of the deal and need to keep in mind I still have a functioning body in every other instance.

For that I am thankful but bare with me as i go through some ups and downs and cant always maintain a "sunny" disposition.

Janurary 31 2011 Ultrasound Confirms Mass Within right Testicle
    February 11th Right Orchiectomy Successful
    PathologyStage 1 PURE SEMINOMA confined with no spermatic cord/lymphatic invasion
    Currently on Surveillance (Yeah baby!)
    1 Successful Sperm Freezing Pre-Orchiectomy and 1 Equally Successful Sperm Freezing 4 weeks Post Orchiectomy.

Comment

You didn't so no apologies needed. The only thing I would stress is that if you do need to be on TRT, it's OK and you adjust. If cancer teaches us anything, it's that you find ways to adjust to the new normal and, in the specific case of TRT, that new normal can include being healthy.
      TC1: 1996, right orchiectomy, seminoma stage I 3.5 cm mass, radiation therapy (peri-aortic & pelvic 27.3 Gy)
      TC2: 2008, left orchiectomy, seminoma stage IA 5 cm mass, left & right prostheses, AndroGel TRT, surveillance at MSKCC

Comment

Originally posted by Spruce Moose View Post
        also.. I am somewhat skeptical of how things like Carboplatin...TRT ..radiation etc will have an effect on the body 5-10-25 or so years down the road..
        Well, chemo drugs & radiation are one thing, & certainly there my be problems from them down the road. I decided I'd deal with that if & when it ever happens & figure that without the treatments I wouldn't be alive in 10 or 25 years to have problems, so still probably better off.

TRT, is different, it is just replacing a hormone that you normally make for yourself. As long as you can keep your levels close to where they'd be naturally, there shouldn't be any long term problems.

Dave
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Has anyone had a significant drop in ejaculation post orchiectomy without chemo or radiation? I'm a week or so out like day 3 I tried it out and everything was fine now every time I finish it's barely anything to show I'm chalking it up to maybe still some swelling and or things are just adjusting but def concerning me that not much is coming out ...

Comment

You will get volume back - things will be messed up for a while - remember the bulk of the volume of Semen
            >>>>>>>>>
            TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
            TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

Working...
            X