X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pellet (testopel) challenges

I have been using Testopel pellets for about nine months now. The experience has generally been positive, but there have been challenges.

1) Number of pellets. I am a big guy (6'8", 215 lb), so the doctor aimed high (12 pellets). Acquaintainces have said that 8 pellets raise the levels significantly. In my case, 12 pellets only took me from ~300 ng/dl to ~600 ng/dl at the start of the 3 month cycle. Doctor aims for 700 ng/dl for people in my age group (38). This week the doctor implanted 14 pellets, so we will see. He says that the most he has ever implanted was 15.

2) Decline within cycle. Since I'm not able to raise my levels as high as we'd like, the inevitable decline really hurts me. I notice low-T symptoms developing after 6 weeks of the 13 week cycle. Initially, I supplement with a half tube of testim. Near the end of the 13 weeks, I need a full tube of testim, and I still don't feel great (T levels ~500 ng/dl). My doctor prescribed 30 mg daily of zinc supplement. Presumably the zinc chemically inhibits the rate of dissolution of the pellets. I will report here if it proves to be true or false.

Interested to hear other experiences.

Morgan
    7/2010: stage 1B mixed NSGCT. Left I/O + 1X BEP. TRT (pellets). All clear as of 8/2012
Working...
X