X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally some great news for me and maybe you too

As some of you may already know, I am having a non cancer related bilateral inguinal orchiectomy this upcoming Thursday the 15th. After hours of phone calls, I have today learned if I get the Testosterone cypionate 200mg through my plan, my copayment is USD $100.00 monthly and I would first need to meet a USD$330.00 deductible. HOWEVER.... UnitedHealthCare has a mail order pharmacy called OPTUM-RX for those on long term medications and guess what??? It is only costing me USD$66.00 for a 3 month supply!!! I am simply elated. There was just no way I could have afforded to pay USD100.00 monthly plus meet such a deductible. Now all I need to do is find out what kind of needles are best and don't hurt so much and I will order them through OPTUM-RX as well.

So I wanted to share this news with all of you. Please see if your health plans have a mail order pharmacy. It just might save you a bundle.

Steve

you guys really do get ripped off in the US with the costs of meds.
    >>>>>>>>>
    TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
    TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

Interesting, Steve. I also have Unitedhealthcare through work. Just US $10 every 3 weeks for the testosterone & about $15 for enough needles & syringes for 10 injections.This country really needs to make healthcare a right & not a privilege...

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
      X