X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sriccardi
    • Aug 2016

Which dosage is greater

Right now I'm taking the cream Testosterone 100mg Apply 1 gram to skin every 24 hours.
    After my surgery on Thursday I will be taking Testosterone Cypionate injectable 200mg every 2 weeks

• roybatty
    • Feb 2013

Hard to say - every body reacts differently. Gels did not work well for me. Personally I think 100MG a week inject is a better solution for you for steady levels.
    "More human than human is our motto...."

Comment

• jpboucher
      • Jan 2016

With equivalent dosages, it should be the injectable one, since it's 100 % bioavailable, contrary to the gel which needs to pass the skin barrier.

Jean-Philippe
      December 15, 2015 : Right I/O. Markers normal.
      December 24, 2015 : Merry Christmas ! 100 % pure EC, no LVI.
      January 7, 2016 : CT scan : 2 RPLN of 8 and 9 mm
      February 2016 : Markers normal.
      March 2016 : Markers normal.
      April 2016 : Abnormal B-HCG (43). 14 mm (from 8) and 10 mm (from 9) lymph nodes.
      April 25, 2016 : Happy birthday ! Relapsed confirmed.
      May 2, 2016 : BEP x 3 begins.
      July 3, 2016 : BEP x 3 ends.
      July 2016 : Serum tumor markers normal. 10 mm (from 14) and 6 mm (from 10) lymph nodes. Back on surveillance !
      December 23, 2016 : Merry Christmas ! Serum tumor markers normal. 6.8 mm (from 10) and no more visible (from 6) lymph nodes. Surveillance continues.
      June 2017 : Serum tumor markers normal. 4 mm (from 7 mm) lymph node. Surveillance continues.

Comment

• sriccardi
        • Aug 2016

So are the dosages equal? Is that what you're telling me? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Comment

• jpboucher
          • Jan 2016

What's the name of your cream ?

jp
          April 2016 : Abnormal B-HCG (43). 14 mm (from 8) and 10 mm (from 9) lymph nodes.
          July 2016 : Serum tumor markers normal. 10 mm (from 14) and 6 mm (from 10) lymph nodes. Back on surveillance !
          December 23, 2016 : Merry Christmas ! Serum tumor markers normal. 6.8 mm (from 10) and no more visible (from 6) lymph nodes. Surveillance continues.
          June 2017 : Serum tumor markers normal. 4 mm (from 7 mm) lymph node. Surveillance continues.

Comment

• sriccardi
            • Aug 2016

The testosterone I am taking is from a compounding pharmacy. Why would the name of cream matter?

Comment

• jpboucher
              • Jan 2016

Because there are different forms of dispositives which can affect absorption.

Patches don't deliver the same amount of T than pomps or gels.

Usually, for compounded testosterone, approximately 10 % is absorbed into the body. It's very fast acting.

For testosterone cyprionate, it takes about 8 - 10 days to be all released in the system.

Several factors may impact the real absorption of the creams/gels.

At the end, they'll look at your blood T level and adjusting dose based on this.

Jean-Philippe

Comment

• Davepet
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by sriccardi View Post
                The testosterone I am taking is from a compounding pharmacy. Why would the name of cream matter?
                Because there are different formulations. With Androgel 1% 5 grams of gel deliver 50 milligrams of T, of which about 10% (5mg) is actually absorbed (in most people, some will absorb more, some less). This is daily, so over a 14 day period a total of (5 x 14) 700 mg of T is applied & ~70 mg is absorbed.

Androgel replaced the 1% formula with a 1.62% formula in whuich 2.5 grams supplies 40.5 mg of T. So it's impossible for us to know what your compounded formula is supplying, since the information isn't publicly available. A better question is, if it's working OK, why are they changing your T delivery system?

Dave
                Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• sriccardi
                  • Aug 2016

Hi guys, surgery is over now (was on the 15th) I'm recovering nicely, slowly walking around and pain is now manageable. I understand what you guys are saying. However, what's dictating the change is the cost plain and simple. On a different post I mentioned that I could pay USD66.00 for a 3 month supply of Testosterone Cypionate vs the compounding pharmacy which is where I am getting the cream from now. I thank you all for your imput and I am aware of all of the other factors. Unfortunately what is BEST for my health isn't what is best for my wallet. That's just the way it goes.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X