Low Total T, normal other labs? Confused...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude 77
    • Nov 2013

now you filling better ?
    11.2009 (age 29)carcinoma embryonale testis,op left side(orchiectomy),600 AFP, 90 bHCG(after op still high) ,CT chest and abdomen clear
    12.2009 - 2.2010 3xBEP

Comment

• Davepet
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Dude 77 View Post
      but also TRT may be negative for health,what you think?
      I do not believe that simply replacing something your body normally makes can possible be harmful. In some cases the remaining guy ceases production, but I believe that is only if levels are kept very high.
      Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Kiwi
        • Jul 2008

So we now that when guys have prostrate cancer one of the treatments is for Testosterone suppressant drugs. Its not really that the product will cause it its more that it like other T replacement may exasperate the condition we also need to remember that misuse of T can lead to other conditions that can lead to heat attack - hence the young gym juncky steroid guys that abuse and die young! Remember that the T replacement is a synthetic form so one side effect can be that your blood can thicken and you haematocrit blood levels to increase too much.

Like Dave said levels too high can have unwanted effects. Mine are mid range for and over the last yearwe have been watching my blood thicken and have had to drop blood a few time to help.
        >>>>>>>>>
        TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
        TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

• Coconut63
          • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Dude 77 View Post
          now you filling better ?
          I feel a lot better. Not quite where I used to be, but a huge improvement. I'm still having a hard time losing weight from the 20lbs I gained when my levels were low & libido is t back to 100%, but glad I went with it. Meeting with endo in a few weeks to see about increasing the dosage, but we'll see.

Comment

• Coconut63
            • Jul 2015

Update on this. So the first few weeks I felt amazing (kind of that alpha male syndrome); I guess from the rapid increase in my T. Then all of a sudden I started feeling less and less better and just could not lose weight. I thought maybe my body was equalizing with the TRT. Had my levels checked this past Monday & they came back at 214 for total (8.6 direct), which was disheartening of course. I read that topical T doesn't seem to work for some people, so I guess I'll be starting the injections soon. Meeting with my endo Monday to discuss more treatment options. *sigh*....

Comment

• Davepet
              • Mar 2010

Might be worth trying one of the other topicals. I seemed to do better on androgel than testim, so they are not all the same.

Dave

Comment

• Coconut63
                • Jul 2015

Thanks Dave. I decided to go with the injections since I'm paranoid about transference to one of my kids. My endo put me on 200mg every 2 weeks for now that I started a few days ago, so we'll see how that goes.

Comment

• Davepet
                  • Mar 2010

The warnings about transference are massively overblown. They took a couple, applied the gel to his stomach & had them rub together vigorously for FIFTEEN MINUTES & only managed to double the female"s normal very low level of T. Casual contact is not a likely problem, besides you are supposed to cover the application site.

That said, injections are a bit more convienient than daily topical applications.

Dave

Comment

• biwi
                    • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Davepet View Post
                    The warnings about transference are massively overblown. They took a couple, applied the gel to his stomach & had them rub together vigorously for FIFTEEN MINUTES & only managed to double the female"s normal very low level of T. Casual contact is not a likely problem, besides you are supposed to cover the application site.

That said, injections are a bit more convienient than daily topical applications.

Dave
                    I was a-ok with the Gels, but my wife was a bit more concerned about transference with her or my 6month old son. I am on the 10wk injections, and to me its easy peasy. Drop by the doc for 30 minutes once every 10 weeks, and that's it. After insurance it is cheaper than androgel too. Aveed also actually has some rebate programs so at the moment they are actually covering my copay. The only cost is the injection process, which is pretty cheap.
                    6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
                    6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
                    7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
                    7/13/15: begin 4xEP, end 9/18/15
                    10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
                    10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
                    4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
                    4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
                    10/22/19: all clears up to this date!
                    4/8/24: stopped monitoring something like 2 years ago, still all clear!

Comment

• Davepet
                      • Mar 2010

A 10 week cycle would be wonderful. I'm currently on a 3 week cycle ( testosterone cypionate, 200mg)so I self inject because I'm out of town quite a bit for work.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X