X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hormones related to testosterone

I was diagnosed with Left Testicular Tumor and underwent left high inguinal radical orchidectomy on August 2014. As per pathology it was 65mm mixed germ cell tumor (pT1 without vascular invasion). All Tumor Marker went down after surgery and I was advised for Surveillance. Recently I went for test related to testosterone and result are as below

LEUTINISING HORMONE : 2.15 mIU/ml against the range
    1.5 to 9.3

F.S.H : 5.40 mIU/ml range is 1.4 to 81.1

TESTOSTERONE TOTAL : 163.90 ng/dl range is between 241-827

TESTOSTERONE FREE : 4.81 pg/ml range is : 4.5 - 42 pg / ml

SHBG : 68.20 nmol/L range is 11.20 to 78.10

I will definitely visit an endocrinologist regarding the same but just wanted to what all option he can suggest. FYI I do not have any problems like Fatigue,Loss of Libido, Erectile dysfunction, Depression,Sleep problems,headaches,Vision problems.

My first question is, why did you have the tests done? Without symptoms, I would avoid getting such tests done.
    Diagnosed at age 31. Treated in NYC. Now living in Ottawa, ON, Canada.

7/1/2015: felt tiny lump on side of R testicle
    7/30/2015: Ultrasound shows 2 intra-testicular masses.
    7/31/2015: tumor markers normal, CXR clear
    8/5/2015: R orchiectomy
    8/11/2015: Pathology: 1.2 x 1.0 x 1.0 cm, embryonal 80%, seminoma 20%, with LVI and rete testis invasion
    8/14/2015: CT abdomen/pelvis clear, Stage 1b
    8/24/2015: started 1 x BEP

Comment

Recently I went for tumor marker test ( I am in 3rd year of surveillance) and beta-hCG came bit elevated (56).oncologist suggested repeating beta-hCg after a week to make sure its not a lab error. After a week went for beta-hCG test and it came normal .Oncologists ask me come to see him again with repeat tumor marker test.

In between I also contacted with Doug Bank who suggested hormones related test assuming my LH is high that is why it gives elevated bet-hcg. Consulted with endocrinologist with the hormones report and he said reports are pointing to hypogonadism but since I do not have any symptom of low T as of now so TRT is not necessary as of now. He has asked me to see him again after 6-8 week with repeat hormones test.

Comment

Working...
      X