Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new with no balls, whats the best now?

Hi friends i am new with no testicles and i want to be responsible of my life and to take the best of the options. I bet in security instead comfortability.

What is the product for better? Testosterone challenge. Age 30

There is no "best" for everyone. Best is what works for you. I have been on Testim, Androgel, Generic T gel, and injections. They all got the job done. I feel the Androgel & generic T worked best in terms of how I felt, but it is certainly more convenient to only do an injection every three weeks. Depending on where you are & your insurance coverage, that interval can be stretched out even more.

From what I've read, I would personally stay away from pellets & patches.

Dave
    Last edited by Davepet; 03-23-17, 02:44 AM.
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thank you Dave for giving your experience with it. I have read some differences if it is with gel or injections regards diseases. Same stories again! We don't know who to trust, joking hehe.

What did you feel with androgel and generic T? Is the best for you? Without think about the travel job or insurance. Would you use it more?

Comment

Hi PrivateU'
        I've been on gels for the last seven years. And can honestly say that they (for me) work just fine. I am very active - do a lot of sport, have a great family relationship with my wife and kids. Being on TRT I really do feel no/little different to how I was before I lost both of my little chaps. I like the idea of daily application, because to my mind, a regular daily dose seems a better choice for my body than the big spike I think you get with shots. I don't know if this last was a valid statement or not, as I have never been on shots, it's just my feelings and they might be prejudiced by my past seven years. In terms of side effects, apart from the occasional dry skin, where I apply the gel, I have none.

Take care, DZ.

Jan 2009: RHS (Seminoma) & RT
        Mar 2010: LHS (Embryonal Carcinoma)
        Sep 2010: Relapse & 3 x BEP
        Mar 2015: Five years "nut free"
        http://doublezeroami.blogspot.com

Comment

I liked the gels better because they just seemed to work better, I like the injections because they are more convenient & work well enough. I traveled quite a bit while on gels & it is just part of your morning routine like brushing teeth.

I do not notice a "big spike" after an injection, some cycles I do notice a slight decrease in libido & function towards the end of the cycle.

Dave
          Last edited by Davepet; 03-28-17, 02:52 AM.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

My husband is also new to testosterone replacement therapy. He has been taking the generic testosterone gel and doing fairly well with that. We were both terrified of him being dependent on TRT for the rest of his life, but its been one month and he has already adjusted with it as part of his daily routine. His T numbers are what they were prior to surgery....and they're going to increase his dose now to try and optimize his levels more. He has been low-normal for years and fine, but they're thinking he should be a little higher and might start feeling even better. Our doctor steered us away from injections and other things because she said they do not provide as consistent levels.

Comment

TCw,
              I was more upset about being dependent upon TRT, than I was about my second cancer - it offended my "I don't need treatment" sensibility. Thankfully I am over that now. And TRT is great. Period.

Take care, DZ

Jan 2009: RHS (Seminoma) & RT
              Mar 2010: LHS (Embryonal Carcinoma)
              Sep 2010: Relapse & 3 x BEP
              Mar 2015: Five years "nut free"
              http://doublezeroami.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X