X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am concerned about testosterone levels but my oncologist isn't

Hi all--4 years ago I had a single oriechtomy and 1 round of BEP and have been in the clear ever since. I have been concerned with testosterone levels but my oncologist doesn't think I am a candidate for hormone therapy--he cites the risk of increased prostate cancer as his main reason. My latest t-levels are 331 NG/DL, which, according to the Vermeleun chart, is lower than the average 85 year old's levels, but I'm 35. I have fatigue; about every 3rd or 4th day I have to lay on the couch after work and do nothing. When I get fatigued like this, I get depressed and frustrated I can't get anything done. My libido is definitely lower post testicular cancer. I have not had mood swings, nor weight gain, nor hot flashes or anything like that. I have a healthy lifestyle. I run 4x a week, weight train 2x a week, and bike commute. Again, I'm 35, have two little kids, and a full time job. I am frustrated and don't know what to do; I don't know if I'm being a hypochondriac or if I am experiencing low t issues. When I bring any of this up to my oncologist, he thinks I am tired because of environmental factors: the kids, the job, my getting older, etc. Should I consult with an endocrinologist? Does it sound like I have a low t issue? Thanks all. This board is wonderful, and has been a huge benefit to me in the past.

I'd just schedule an appointment with an endocrinologist. They should be able to decide quickly if u need the replacement testosterone. And they would be more knoledge than an onc
    4x vip
    2xhdct
    2x cyber knife
    Oral etoposide
    2xCrainiotomy
    Brain radiation
    2xorchiectomy
    4xPVB

Comment

Your numbers are low AND you have multiple symptoms. Your doc is doing you a disservice by refusing treatment that you clearly need. Your risk of prostate cancer with treatment should be no higher than a guy with two normal testicles, as long as it is monitored regularly & is not sky high.

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
      X