Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clomid? Anyone with good results for low-T?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clomid? Anyone with good results for low-T?

Hey Everyone,

Brief history...I lost my left testicle due to a pesky tumor back Dec 2015. I've been on surveillance ever since.

Back in Dec 2016 I requested a testosterone test with my routine 2 month bloodwork and the total T came back at 279 (241-827ng/dl lab range). I scheduled an appointment with my urologist who said I was still normal but low. He prescribed me Clomid 25mg/everyday for 3 months followed by blood work at the 3 month mark. I haven't started to take them yet because I've been somewhat apprehensive about taking them.

On other forums (specifically low-T forums) people seem to have mix reviews about Clomid. That it raises your total T level but also raises Estrogen so the symptoms of low-T don't really go away. I also read a study that Clomid could increase chance for testicular cancer albeit rare but that last thing I want to deal with is another cancer.

I would love to hear anyone with experience with Clomid if you're willing to share.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Txhockey View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Brief history...I lost my left testicle due to a pesky tumor back Dec 2015. I've been on surveillance ever since.

Back in Dec 2016 I requested a testosterone test with my routine 2 month bloodwork and the total T came back at 279 (241-827ng/dl lab range). I scheduled an appointment with my urologist who said I was still normal but low. He prescribed me Clomid 25mg/everyday for 3 months followed by blood work at the 3 month mark. I haven't started to take them yet because I've been somewhat apprehensive about taking them.

On other forums (specifically low-T forums) people seem to have mix reviews about Clomid. That it raises your total T level but also raises Estrogen so the symptoms of low-T don't really go away. I also read a study that Clomid could increase chance for testicular cancer albeit rare but that last thing I want to deal with is another cancer.

I would love to hear anyone with experience with Clomid if you're willing to share.

Thanks!

I have taken Clomid now for 3 months or so at 50mg/day. My testosterone went from 280 to 550, but the estradiol went to 75. So the T/E ratio is < 10 which is not advised. I'm not entirely clear why my doctor prefers Clomid over testosterone. I guess there are dosing challenges with testosterone as well. Also he may be thinking that due to my age I wish to preserve fertility , even though I say i don't.
    Age 31 - Portland, OR
    01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
    13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
    27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
    06DEC16 - CT scan clear
    09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
    03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
    18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

Originally posted by mcintoda View Post
      Also he may be thinking that due to my age I wish to preserve fertility , even though I say i don't.
      While supplemental T can indeed reduce sperm production while it is being taken, the effects are generally not permanent, & usually are reversed by stopping the treatment. If your doc isn't aware, please bring it up at your next visit. Docs tend to be woefully misinformed about everything to do with TC.

Dave

Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
      X