X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a normal T level?

So, some of you may remember that in 2011, I ended up having a testicular ultrasound for an injury sustained in batting practice. It showed a highly suspicious lesion on my non-injured testicle which set off a series of doctor visits and ultimately having an orchiectomy, only to find out a week later that I didn't have cancer.

Fast forward to 2017 now. Lately I have been gaining weight, though that could easily be due to my diet and lack of regular exercise. I am very irritable. I have also noticed a lack of libido and ability to get an erection right away. Let's put it this way, if my wife said let's go upstairs and have a roll in the hay, I would come to attention quickly, but if I were to just sit and think about a hot chick or having sex with my wife, then it never really perks up on its own without a little manual stimulation. So I have gained some weight, but I have probably fluctuated between 220-240 lbs for the last 10 years. I am 6'3" tall. So while overweight, it's not like I am morbidly obese or something. I am 45 years old.

So I finally went to the doctor because I have just been so blah lately. And the sex drive, and the weight, and I have been really fatigued and I am getting like 5 hours of sleep per night. I asked her to do a testosterone test without specifically mentioning the orchiectomy, which she should know about. Got the results today and it said 332. That seems on the low end. I've read 300-1000 is normal. The range on the doctor's results said 175-781 was normal! That is WAY lower than anything I've seen. I saw one study that put the mean at around 600 with 348 being at the 2.5th percentile. So I have no idea if I am normal or low or what???
    5/23/2011 : Nailed in the nuts with a baseball.
    5/23/2011 : ER ultrasound found suspicious lesions on non-injured testicle
    5/24/2011 : Urologist confirms
    6/2/2011 : second opinion at Univ of Chicago
    6/17/2011 : Left orchiectomy, also found a hernia
    6/23/2011 : IT WAS NOTHING! A POOL OF BLOOD THE DOC SAID!

I would say that is on the low side of normal, especially at your age, coupled with your symptoms & I would think TRT might be worth a try.

Also: I've never seen any range that called 175 normal.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
    X