Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low testosterone symptoms. Treat with TRT or HCG?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low testosterone symptoms. Treat with TRT or HCG?

Hi guys, sorry for such a long post, but I really need your help here.

I had my testicle removed due to seminoma in 2014. After that I went for 4 cycles of chemo. About 6 months after the chemo in the summer of 2015 I felt that my libido is not as high as it used to be before orchiectomy, erection became much softer and I started to experience tiredness and sleep problems (waking up too early or several times a night with no reason to do so).

My doctor recommended me to do a blood test for T. I did 2 tests with an interval of 2 weeks and both of them showed T. in the range of 450-550. The doctor said that although this is considered a normal T. level, she can prescribe me Omnadren if Iím experiencing the above symptoms because the sufficient level of T. is a rather subjective thing which differs from person to person. I never did T. tests before orchiectomy so I donít know what was my T. level before the surgery.

So I started injecting myself with Omnadren (250mg) once in 3 weeks. It lasted for 3 months. I did 2 blood tests during that time and they were pretty different. One of them showed 400 and another 750. Anyway I did not feel significant improvement in my libido/erection so my doctor and I decided to reduce the interval between injections to 2 weeks. After 1 month of such injections I started feeling blunt pain in the head which lasted for about a week and my testicle shrunk significantly. I thought that it might be related to Omnadren overdose, got scared and told to my doctor that I want to stop all the injections, go for natural T. production and see what happens. December 2016 was the last month when I injected Omnadren.

I did 4 blood tests since then, in Mar. 2017 (T. = 370), Apr. 2017 (T. = 470), May 2017 (T. = 430) and in June 2017 (T. = 360). Iím feeling awful, my testicle is still smaller than it was after the surgery. Comparing to how I felt when I was on Omnadren or before I started using it, now my libido/erection is almost nonexistent. I told my doctor that I donít want to become addicted to Omnadren and want to try and make my remaining testicle work better. She suggested me to try HCG 1500iu for 3 days in a row and see how it affects my T. level. If it will go up by more than 50% then It will mean that my testicle can respond to HCG stimulation. She said that after 2 months of HCG therapy we can achieve a constant increase in my natural T. production. However if itís not going to work then there will be no choice left for me but to go for TRT for the rest of my life. Today I did my 3rd injection of HCG and had my blood tested. I can feel slight increase in libido/erection and my testicle got bigger. The blood should be ready in the next week.

​So my questions are:
    1. Has anybody with 1 testicle and low T level ever considered/actually tried using HCG instead of TRT? How did it work out?
    2. Is it ok to use HCG with just 1 testicle? Wonít is be too much stimulation for 1 testicle? Side effects in the long run?
    3. Suppose that HCG wonít work out for me and I will go for TRT (Omadren or Sustanon) instead. Does such therapy have significant side effects in the long run? Like gynecomastia, prostate cancer, liver damage?
    4. Has anybody tried injecting Omnadren once in 2 weeks rather than once in 3 weeks as itís advised by the manufacturer? I heard that 100mg once a week is the best dose in terms of well balanced T. absorption with which a person can avoid T. rollercoaster effect. Is it ok to inject 100mg. weekly, are there any side effects?
    5. Will constant use of Omandren inevitably lead to testicle atrophy?
    Again sorry for taking your time.

KIRILL~ I know a few here have had experience with low testostrone so hopefully they will chime in with answers to your questions.
    17 year old son Grant dx 12/21/16
    pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
    pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
    r/o 12/22/16
    Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
    PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
    2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
    BEP x 3 1/27/17
    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

I did a quick search on Omnadren, since I had never heard of it. It appears to be intended for body builders, not folks with low T. Based on what I found, I wouldn't use it.

I've heard of hcg being used to increase T production, but no idea if it is effective. If your blood markers are tested regularly, taking it may make that marker elevated and therefore useless.

Does such therapy have significant side effects in the long run? Like gynecomastia, prostate cancer, liver damage?
      It does not cause prostate cancer, but may make it worse if it is already present. gynecomastia,&, liver damage are potentially possible, but rare side effects.

I inject 200mg of testosterone cypionate every 3 weeks and it seems to work fine for me, I do notice a very slight decrease in libido by the end of the third week, but nothing that is troubling.My blood T levels tend to be all over the place, some tests low, some high enough that my doc felt they were too high. My doc has me always test in the middle of the 3 week cycle..

Also note that with your natural T , levels will vary by time of day, highest in the AM, sotry to test at the same time of day.

Afraid testicular atrophy is sometimes an effect of TRT. Since your blood levels are adequate, the feedback loop does not signal for T production, kind of a "use it of lose it" proposition.

Dave

Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

"I never did T. tests before orchiectomy so I donít know what was my T. level before the surgery." I find this very odd that doctors would not have gotten a baseline before hand. I would suggest your doctor also check your E2 and Free T levels.
        "More human than human is our motto...."

Comment

Originally posted by roybatty View Post
          "I never did T. tests before orchiectomy so I don’t know what was my T. level before the surgery." I find this very odd that doctors would not have gotten a baseline before hand. I would suggest your doctor also check your E2 and Free T levels.
          It's actually quite rare to have a doc enlightened enough to test before surgery, mine refused when asked about it, actually, he said it "wasn't necessary". They do not care what is normal for the individual, only that they can get you into the so called "normal range" that spans guys from 15 to 90. As long as they can get you above the 90 year old's level they figure you are good.

Dave
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

So I tried HCG (1500) for 3 days in a row to see if it works on me as my doctor advised. It has increased my T. level by more than twice, testicle size also increased. My Doc. reccomended me to inject HCG(1500) once a week. This is my 2nd week on HCG, but I feel no difference in terms of libido/erection in the long run, but it deffinately increases libido in the first 24 hours after the injection. Anyway I will stick to HCG for a couple more weeks before making any conclusions.

Comment

KRILL~ Keep us updated. Hopefully, it will help you.
              17 year old son Grant dx 12/21/16
              pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
              pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
              r/o 12/22/16
              Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
              PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
              2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
              BEP x 3 1/27/17
              Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
              2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
              Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Working...
              X