X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low T and androgel

Hi there i had a double orchiectomy on June 13th and i started on Androgel 1.62 2 pumps in the morning on June 16th applying one to each shoulder and i had my T level blood work done this week and i was at the Urologist today my T level value is 115NG/dl and he said that was low so now he wants me to apply 3 pumps a day 1 in each shoulder and pump into the chest which i read you should not do but he assured me it will be fine so is that ok. Also since the surgery i have had more fatigue and more muscle pains and i keep getting sciatica which i have never had before and irregular heart rate plus i have had some really bad anxiety attacks post surgery is normal for low T. Also has anyone tried Nugenix and does it help

First, no idea if Nugenix works, even in guys with testicles, but it sure won't do anything for you or me.

It's really a bit odd that you were that low on two pumps. I believe I was prescribed 4 pumps of the 1%, but really can't recall for sure. I used to apply it to my shins (long story, I was originally on Testim & the odor when applied to my shoulders was intolerable to me). I even tried splitting the dose into AM &PM but never noticed a difference.

There is a generic version of Androgel 1% available now, I swear it worked better for me, but no real proof.
    Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thanks i have been applying 3 pumps for the past 2 days and i feel no better feeling rotten no energy at all and getting a lot of hot flashes and dizzy spells i was surprised at my level being so low 115NG/dl after being on Andogel for the past 6 weeks is it worth calling the doctor and moving over to injections instead

Comment

Hope you figure out what works. So sorry you are feeling crummy. Glad Dave chimed in, hopefully someone else with low T experience will also give their 2 cents worth.
        17 year old son Grant dx 12/21/16
        pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
        pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
        r/o 12/22/16
        Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
        PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
        2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
        BEP x 3 1/27/17
        Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
        2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
        Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

I feel like androgel works better for me than the shots. I also like the idea of having the same dosage of medication and no fluctuation of T levels like shots tend to have. That being said the shots are WAY cheaper for me, and I feel pretty good. My insurance does not cover HRT, so cost is a big factor for me. The shots are $90 for 2 1/2 months worth of medication, whereas name brand androgel would run me $600 per month. Pretty much a no brainer lol
          11/16- Pain/lump in R testicle 11/16- US finds multiple masses 11/16- Right I/O path multifocal largest nodule 2.1cm 100% EC with LVI/rete testis invasion. 12/16- Ct/markers normal stage 1b 12/16- Ct/markers normal 1/17- rplnd pN1 2 nodes 1.8/1.4 cm EC Stage IIA 2/20 ct/markers clear! 3/1/17 started androgel for low T 4/27/17 Relapsed. Multiple lymph nodes in mesentary and few nodes in retriperitoneum. Start 3x bep. Ct after 2nd cycle revealed all masses already resolved! Continue last cycle! 6/26/17 Finished 3x bep!

Comment

But if something isnt working I wouldnt wait. Call your doctor right away so it can be addressed and you can hopefully start feeling better!
            11/16- Pain/lump in R testicle 11/16- US finds multiple masses 11/16- Right I/O path multifocal largest nodule 2.1cm 100% EC with LVI/rete testis invasion. 12/16- Ct/markers normal stage 1b 12/16- Ct/markers normal 1/17- rplnd pN1 2 nodes 1.8/1.4 cm EC Stage IIA 2/20 ct/markers clear! 3/1/17 started androgel for low T 4/27/17 Relapsed. Multiple lymph nodes in mesentary and few nodes in retriperitoneum. Start 3x bep. Ct after 2nd cycle revealed all masses already resolved! Continue last cycle! 6/26/17 Finished 3x bep!

Comment

I have only being doing the extra pump for the last 2 days i am going to give until over the weekend but if i feel no better on Monday going to call the docs to see if we can try something else

Comment

To my knowledge the T booster supplements focus on boosting Free T and not T. There is evidence supplements can boost Free T. Not to get into a long winded discussion but a portion of T can end up as free T or Estridiol E2 ( yes men have female hormones). As you get older, or fatter or both -or if you have a natural condition - it converets more of your T into female hormones - taking away from Free T. So your total T might be "okay" but its being changing and causing issues in your body. I take pharmaceuticals to boost my Free T and prevent conversion to E2. All TC patients should have their E2 and Free T levels checked from time to time. Most doctors are terrible at understanding or treating E2 and free T.

Androgel did not boost my T high enough (I am 2x) only shots work.
                "More human than human is our motto...."

Comment

Working...
                X