X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remaining testicle and testosterone gels and long term use

Does the remaining testicle reduce much in size after starting TRT? I heard that the sperm production basically stops as well, not a big deal for me, but just wanted to confirm that. Also, heard that long term use can be detrimental to health. Any long term users can clarify? Thank you

I don't know about testicle size decreasing, but it would not surprise me. I have read that sperm production reduces.

As for long term use being detrimental, there are multiple warnings in the package, but I just don't see how simply replacing a hormone that you normally produce could possibly be, as long as you don't go overboard. It just doesn't make sense.

I've been on 3 different gels and now injections for 8 years now, and I haven't noticed any problems.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

i have read some studies about the use of trt. But data can be used in anyway seen fit to slate or skew the findings.
      Its not the trt that is in question its the synthetic nature of the oil in which the trt is delivered is in question.
      You have to way the benefits vs the risks in mine and Dave's case we don't produce testosterone in enough quantity because of losing both. So in out case it pretty clear the reward out weighs the risk. I have also read in the same study that the thyroid produces trace amounts but again not enough to help.
      As for size difference the body has an amazing ability to increase the size if you lose one and the 1 remaining should under normal conditions be able to pick up the load. No pun intended, but again that is just 1 study i have read and i have read others that say oppsite or left it open for debate.
      Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
      Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
      Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
      Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
      April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
      May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
      August 7th 2012- BEP complete
      April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
      May 2013 RPLND
      Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
      Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
      Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
      Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
      Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
      Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
      Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
      Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

Thank you kindly for your replies. I get a lot of soreness and aches around my remaining testicle, my doc said its because its struggling under load, and my T levels are very low anyway. I am kind of hoping that by taking T, I will be able to reduce that pain.
        Last edited by SomeGreyBloke; 07-24-18, 02:34 AM.

Comment

The American Urological Association (AUA) just updated their guideline for testosterone replacement and a nice summary article can be found here: https://www.jurology.com/article/S00...817-0/fulltext

Te full guidelines are at: http://www.auanet.org/guidelines/tes...ficiency-(2018)

Mike
          Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
          06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
          06.26.06 Left I/O
          06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
          06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
          Surveillance...
          Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
          6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at mike@tc-cancer.com if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

Size should be fine, if you have a prosthetic they size match, the decreased Testicle Size is really relate to guys that do not need T and abuse the process for muscle / body building gains.
            >>>>>>>>>
            TC1: May 2001 / Right orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / Radiation
            TC2: July 2008 / Left orchiectomy / seminoma stage 1 / X2 Prostheses / Reandron (long term Testosterone injections)

Comment

Thank you for your messages. Much appreciated. I am still overwhelmed with this situation, and am getting aches around incision site. It has healed somewhat, but was hoping for a greater reduction in pain. How long past orchectomy are you guys? Do you still get pains?

Comment

Working...
              X