X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xyosted shots

I didn’t like the gels every morning. Didn’t want to go to Testapel just yet since it requires the small surgery every 3-4 months. Anyone here using Xyosted? It looks like an epi pen almost. Just got my first prescription of it this week. I guess I can report back.

What didn't you like about the gels? Wile daily application is a nuisance, they seemed to work better for me. I've never heard of Xyosted, so no help i'm afraid. Pellets sound ugly & inconvenient to me, AND I can't recall anyone who was really happy with them, I suppose some like them. Consider learning to inject testosterone, it's easier than it sounds.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Thanks Dave. Take a look into the Xyosted shots. They work just like an epi pen. Pinch skin on your stomach and put the device up to it. Spring loaded and hold for 10 seconds. You don’t feel a thing.

I’m gonna try these for a bit and see if I get better results than the gels. I did the gel for 2 weeks and my t levels were at 160. Way too low for an active guy 36 years old although I didn’t notice a drop in performance during surfing. In addition, even though I made my girlfriend read your post about how 2 people were rubbing stomachs together she still didn’t like that it could affect her health. I also like to surf at first light in the morning and it causes issues. Finally I don’t like being dependent on daily medication. This is once a week and it’s possible to get a different dose that would be almost every 2 weeks. 2 shots a month sounds pretty good to me especially if it works with this needle delievery system.

This was just approved for use in the US a few months ago. Could be a game changer. I plan on definitely reporting back.

Comment

Well, no idea how that works,I have to inject about 1 1/2 " into my thigh muscle & it lasts 3 weeks, most of the time you don't feel anything, needles these days are that sharp.I'd have to do some research to find out how Xyosted manages to last even a week with an epi pen type injection.Supposedly the IM ijection is retained my the muscle & releases slowly.

Keep in mind,Xyosted is a brand new drug, so certainly under patent & very expensive ( my best guess $300-500 /month), make sure your insurance will cover it. I ended up on injections because my insurance would only cover "Testim" gel & I could not stand the odor from it & neither could my wife. I even had a cop question me about the smell after being in a not-my-fault accident. Because of that, I ended up applying to the top of my foot & shins, seemed to work every bit s well, & got the odor further away from everyone's nose' probably less chance of transfer as well, unless you are wearing shorts & have kids hugging your legs.....

Comment

Well we will see if 2 weeks is possible. They gave me a maybe. Right now it’s every week. Here is a YouTube video I found of the process.

https://youtu.be/VsUeDxtGGG8

Insurance could be paying an expensive price for it. It can only be filled by 1 pharmacy in the LA area and it gets delievered to my house where I have to sign for it. But so far so good.

Very interesting about the smell. I’ll have to ask if that was a factor also and I just wasn’t told. You know how it is during the initial stages. Everyone is overly nice when all you really want is to feel normal and be told the truth.
          I got the video of myself actually injection the auto injector type of testosterone. *I’m not a medical professional*

Comment

Doesn't matter what type of testosterone, it's a controlled substance & you should be asked for both ID & a signature.

I've just been informed I will have to see my doc every 3 months forever going forward (once or twice a year was fine until now, d@mn idiot athletes). I've been on 4 different gels & testim was the only one with a strong odor. Probably bothered me more than anyone else. I'm fine with self injections, not interested in changing something that works & it really is a piece of cake to do.

Comment

If my insurance starts making a big deal of it I’ll definitly just switch to the self injections also. Not really interested in the gels and testapel.

I hate needles which is why this was a good option for me. To this day after all I’ve been through I still don’t look during any needle activity. Blood draw, shots, even chemo port. I just don’t look.

Comment

Well, if you end up switching, don't look away when you stick it in.

Comment

My son Grant started on this, and it has helped him so much! He likes the ease of injections. thanks for the video too!
                  Son Grant
                  dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                  Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                  2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                  Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

The more I learn, the less I see any benefit from this for me. With insurance, I spend less than $12 every 3 weeks, including the injection supplies, pretty sure it's not much more without insurance, but not 100% sure. It's easy to do once you get over the initial difficulties of sticking a needle in your leg. I'm guessing the epi pen thing is quite a bit more, & not really that much more convenient. I don't know, use what works for you ( & is affordable to you) & call it good.We are all different & need to figure out what works best on our own, I'm afraid...
                    Last edited by Davepet; 06-13-19, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X