Hey Guys. Question about TSA and testosterone gel meds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TC-Hater
    • Feb 2019

Hey Guys. Question about TSA and testosterone gel meds.

Has anyone traveled recently with the testosterone gel? is there a limit for size? What can I do to prevent problems so that im not without meds?

Thanks!
  • cc79
    • Jun 2015

Speaking from my experience of flying domestic in the USA, when I used to use gels (Androgel Pump) I would just declare it at the security check point with my carry on. Sometimes I forgot and it went through just fine.
    TC#1
    May 2013 - Left Orchiectomy - Stage pT1 Seminoma (2.3 cm)
    June 2013 - 1 Dose 1000mg of Carboplatin ---> Surveillance
    TC#2
    May 2015 - Right Orchiectomy - Stage pT1 Seminoma (2.2cm)
    TRT - Cypionate 100mg (Weekly)
    June 2015 - Surveillance

Comment

• Davepet
      • Mar 2010

In theory, as a prescribed medication in original packaging, it should not be a problem. However, a misinformed ( or just an a$$) agent, could cause problems. They have WAY too much power to refuse your access & you have zero recourse if they do. I have no experience with this I refuse to fly anymore. If I need to get somewhere I'll find another way.
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• Mike
        Administrator
        • Apr 2008

According to the TSA website, there should not be any issues, but you should declare that you have it. I suppose if you deal with an uninformed agent that you could always just print out this page and present it to them as well. https://www.tsa.gov/blog/2014/09/05/...ing-medication

Mike
        Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
        06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
        06.26.06 Left I/O
        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
        06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
        Surveillance...
        Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
        6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• TC-Hater
          • Feb 2019

Thanks men, it means a lot. Im so grateful to have you guys to ask questions. I printed the page from tea just like you suggested Mike.

Comment

Working...
          X