X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hormones test

Hello, I have some unpleasant symptoms like bad moods, no morning wood, blurry mind so I had a blood test to see what's goin on. I'm 30, my i/o was about 8 months ago - no therapy. And this is how it looks:

Testo: 16,03nm/L (1,63 - 34)
    LH: 6,74mIU/mL (0,57 - 12,07)
    PRL 13,24ng/mL (3,46 - 19,4)
    E2 19pg/nL (11 - 44)
    βHCG 1,2mIU/mL (<2.0)
    AFP 2,20 (<15)
    B12 312 (200 - 970)
    Ferritin 53 (21,8 - 274)

It seems to be good but I would feel better if someone could relate to my symptoms. Some of you guys are ''experts'' in hormones and great people so any words would be appreciated.

I would also suggest getting your Free Testosterone and SHBG tested. I had “normal” total Testosterone but my SHBG was pretty high which was bound most of it up. So my Free was really low and gave me all kinds of problems.
    TC#1
    May 2013 - Left Orchiectomy - Stage pT1 Seminoma (2.3 cm)
    June 2013 - 1 Dose 1000mg of Carboplatin ---> Surveillance
    TC#2
    May 2015 - Right Orchiectomy - Stage pT1 Seminoma (2.2cm)
    TRT - Cypionate 100mg (Weekly)
    June 2015 - Surveillance

Comment

thank you cc79, I asked both endos to test my Free Testosterone but they replied that it's pointless, just '' TESTO'' is enough, but I didn't know about SHGB. I will mention it at our next appointment. Why the don't test ALL hormones from the beginning? I don't get it

Comment

I like to use the term voodoo science. It's all based on user input. Let's face it the doctors dont deal with trt on a personal level. So to them it's just vague science that they have a medical grasp but not a personal grasp of it
        Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
        Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
        Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
        Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
        April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
        May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
        August 7th 2012- BEP complete
        April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
        May 2013 RPLND
        Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
        Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
        Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
        Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
        Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
        Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
        Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
        Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

Morning wood can be just an age thing. If it still works then morning wood isn't a big deal. Blurred vision again could be the same thing. I fixed it with reading glasses.
          But to your point. It does take time to get it right. Dose amount vs dose timing. I was doing it every week. Then tried every 2 weeks and finally settled on every 10 days. The amount is adjust according to the injection time. You get the point. I would also like to point out that dont take no for an answer from your doctor. Instead do your research and give the info to your doctor. Instead of him stabbing at the problem and moving on to the next patient. If that doesn't work seek out a better doctor
          Jan 2012- U/S mass in Left testicle
          Feb 2012- I/O performed to remove cancer
          Mar 1,2012- pathology pure seminoma
          Mar 7, 2012 PET SCAN stage IIa
          April 2012 Mayo clinic carbolite.
          May 2012 carbolite failed, started BEP x3
          August 7th 2012- BEP complete
          April 2013 CT/PET show relapse
          May 2013 RPLND
          Aug 2013 Relapse again Started VIeP x2
          Oct 2013 HDC AUTOLOGOUS
          Dec 2013 HDC completed CT/PETSCAN 1.1 cm x .8 cm right lower lung lobe
          Feb 2014 confirmed false positive all clear FINALLY !
          Jan 2015 1 year cancer free Pet/CT scan
          Jan 2016 2 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
          Jan 2017 3 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan
          Jab 2018 4 years cancer free "Pet/CT scan, labs, xrays

Comment

=eodtech2001;n319173]Morning wood can be just an age thing. If it still works then morning wood isn't a big deal. Blurred vision again could be the same thing. I fixed it with reading glasses.
            Well I'm on a 3 week injection cycle. I sometimes get "morning wood" the first week, but never after, and it is not at all consistent, some cycles I have trouble getting an erection all 3 weeks. It works sometimes, but not always when I want it to. Could be age, could be low T, no way to figure it out near as i can tell.

Last edited by Davepet; 08-23-19, 12:00 AM.
            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

I don't have blurred vision but blurred mind. My mind isn't clear. Also I'm yawning all the time and I don't feel like having a deep reviving sleep. I want to know if this is physical if not it's psychological, but I need to be sure. It is difficult to find a good doctor to take notice of all information and your needs

Comment

Originally posted by South View Post
                thank you cc79, I asked both endos to test my Free Testosterone but they replied that it's pointless, just '' TESTO'' is enough, but I didn't know about SHGB. I will mention it at our next appointment. Why the don't test ALL hormones from the beginning? I don't get it
                Yes I got the same response the first time. Though you need to be consistent about asking and yes there is a BIG difference between total and free. If your doctor has never heard of SHBG then I would suggest looking for an actual endo doctor, since anyone that deals with male hormones should know about it.
                TC#1
                May 2013 - Left Orchiectomy - Stage pT1 Seminoma (2.3 cm)
                June 2013 - 1 Dose 1000mg of Carboplatin ---> Surveillance
                TC#2
                May 2015 - Right Orchiectomy - Stage pT1 Seminoma (2.2cm)
                TRT - Cypionate 100mg (Weekly)
                June 2015 - Surveillance

Comment

Working...
                X