X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Loss Question

Hey all. My husband just passed his 2 year anniversary. He has his 6 month scan with his oncologist on Wednesday. He had a left orchiectomy, was stage 1a, under surveillance. His entire testicle was a tumor but thankfully had not spread.

Flash forward to today. He has had some intermittent achiness in his remaining testicle but nothing too alarming. About 3 months after surgery I noticed his body hair went CRAZY! He was seriously the hairiest I had seen him. Now it's 2 years later and his scalp hair has thinned very quickly in the past 3-6 months, and his body hair has thinned DRASTICALLY, worse than even pre surgery levels.

Do any of you have an idea what's at play here? He had mild scalp thinning before, it wasn't noticeable to me but it was to him, but now it's pretty bad and the poor man is very self conscious. I just think there's something bigger going on and it may have to do with the function of his other testicle. He is 33 btw.

Could be just genetics and normal, could be his remaining testicle can't keep up. I'd request to have testosterone levels checked if it's that hard on him mentally.

Comment

I agree that it is most likely genetics, but getting testosterone checked is a good idea.Most guy do fine with one (I did for 35years) but sometime a single guy can't keep up. It's best to know what you are dealing with.
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
      X