Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands and Feet Numbness .after Chemo

Hi every one , i finished 3xBEP and 3xEP chemotherapy
    last one was 15 Jan 2012 ,, numbness of hand and legs started on 30 Nov 2011 just after finishing my 4th cycle (1st EP )

i took Vit B12 IM for one month and Vit B6 now for 2 weeks
    no improvement , it became very annoying and hands weakened a little

anybody have some experience ,, and whats is solution ? does it take time ?
    09/04/2009: Diagnosed left TC AFP 1260 BCG 365
    19/04/2009: Left O/I tumor markers normal,CT abd chest clear,HISTPATH:Seminoma (mistaken),surveillance 1 year
    05/07/2011: Back and abd pain.U/S:Hard mass
    CT:RP Mass 12x11x9 cm,I collected the slides from the 1st Lab to Hospital,Histopath:emryonal carcinoma -germ cell
    15/07/2011: 3xBEP and 3xEP chemo
    15/12/2011: Back Pain.MRI shows Lesion Osteolytic in L1 Vrtbrl body
    03/01/2012: Zometa for bone care Dr No sure Bone metastasis
    27/02/2012: AFP 5.8 BCG 1,PET scan shows shrinkge mass to be 6x6x4 cm,L1 shows stable Waiting RPLND Uro-Oncolgst

I had it mostly in my feet, after 3x BEP and 4x TIP. It has gone away by itself after about 6 months.
    Left I/O
    3 X BEP
    4 x TIP
    RPLND

Comment

During the second half of my treatment, I had a "mild" occasional numbness in my forearms - only really noticeable when I was typing at my keyboard and resting my arms on the table in front of me. I also had mild pins-and-needles in my feet, especially my toes, for a few months post-chemo. Both of those are long gone now...

Feb 2009: RHS (Seminoma) & RT
      Mar 2010: LHS (Embryonal Carcinoma)
      Sep 2010: Relapse & 3 x BEP
      Mar 2014: Four years a eunuch!
      http://doublezeroami.blogspot.com

Comment

This is chemo induced neuropathy symptoms. It'll be the worst 3-4 months after chemo, and should be the best it's going to get as far as going away 6 months after that, or about 9 months from the end of chemo.

My neuropathy was bad. Very raw feeling in my hands making work difficult, lots of shooting nerve pain which was extremely painful, and very numb feet. I was on Lyrica for a few months to help with it. I'm right at the 9 months post chemo point now and most of it is gone, except for the foot numbness. My left foot is still about 50% numb, and my right is maybe 25% numb, so looks like I'm going to have to live with it. I still also have a very slight residual raw feeling in my fingers, but that's not a big deal.

Steve - My CaringBridge
        Feb 2011, Stage IIB, 4xEP, RPLND, PTSD
        My Survivorship Thread (all my links)
        Now Blogging for TCAFInfo.org

Comment

Just to throw in my exp on this. Before cancer I had mild Raynaud's syndrome, after chemo I know have severe Raynaud's syndrome (I must get at least 30 bad attacks a day). I mention this because this is a hand/feet numbness thing (at least in my case). Throughout my course of treatment, docs and nurses were always asking me "do you have any numbness in your hands, or feet?" and my answer was always no... because I didn't realise it was likely related til the winter came in and I realised how bad my Raynaud's had got. So when I met with my consultant, and I brought it up - I was told "oh, well there's nothing we can really do about it..." I mean, why ask me if I have numb feet or hands if when I say yes you do nothing about it? lol. Anyway, I concluded this wasn't the type of numbness they were referring to, but hey ho - thought I'd ask if any of you guys have developed any form of Raynaud's post chemo?

Thanks,

Comment

well for me no Raynaud's syndrome ,,, but suffering from this mixed feeling of numbness and tingeling ,,, i was confused at cold weather and i put my slef under hot water
            but it doesnt improve , lately i feel weak hands , i cant hold something and control it , also iam guitar player , i can;t manage and play fast like b4 , and about feet it is also bothering but maybe i got used to it or something
            i hope it goes away soon
            09/04/2009: Diagnosed left TC AFP 1260 BCG 365
            19/04/2009: Left O/I tumor markers normal,CT abd chest clear,HISTPATH:Seminoma (mistaken),surveillance 1 year
            05/07/2011: Back and abd pain.U/S:Hard mass
            CT:RP Mass 12x11x9 cm,I collected the slides from the 1st Lab to Hospital,Histopath:emryonal carcinoma -germ cell
            15/07/2011: 3xBEP and 3xEP chemo
            15/12/2011: Back Pain.MRI shows Lesion Osteolytic in L1 Vrtbrl body
            03/01/2012: Zometa for bone care Dr No sure Bone metastasis
            27/02/2012: AFP 5.8 BCG 1,PET scan shows shrinkge mass to be 6x6x4 cm,L1 shows stable Waiting RPLND Uro-Oncolgst

Comment

Originally posted by Abed View Post
              well for me no Raynaud's syndrome ,,, but suffering from this mixed feeling of numbness and tingeling ,,, i was confused at cold weather and i put my slef under hot water
              but it doesnt improve , lately i feel weak hands , i cant hold something and control it , also iam guitar player , i can;t manage and play fast like b4 , and about feet it is also bothering but maybe i got used to it or something
              i hope it goes away soon
              That sucks about the guitar man... I also play, and when I was told about the potential of having numb fingers I was worried. It hasn't affected my guitar playing, though I could never play very fast anyway .

Hope all starts to get better soon.

Comment

Working...
              X