• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the1anonly
    • Dec 2012

Sclerosing Sertoli Tumor

Hi Everyone!

I have been anxiously awaiting my account to be validated so I could post on this forum! My boyfriend of 10 years was just diagnosed w/ sclerosing sertoli tumor of the R-testicle. He had a R-I/O on 11/26/12. Tumor markers were negative. CT of abdomen/pelvis was negative. CXR is pending. Unfortunately, our post-op appointment yesterday was disastrous leaving us feeling very overwhelmed. I'm pretty sure the surgeon spent a total of 5 minutes in the room before quickly exiting leaving many of our questions unanswered. Apparently, his case/tumor will go before a tumor board at the hospital next Wednesday and then a treatment plan will be formulated. But our next appointment isn't until 12/21/12. So from my understanding, this type of tumor does not respond to chemo or radiation. The options will likely be either surveillance or the RPLND. Is the RPLND done as a sort of preventative option since no lymph involvement currently and CT negative? I've had a lot of trouble finding information about sertoli tumors because they are very rare. I think people on this message board were mentioning that most of them are not malignant? Any thoughts? Any resources for this type of tumor?
Working...
X