• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RJKD
    • Jul 2015

Originally posted by zobo View Post

Hi RJKD.

Thanks for the reply. I should know all those details soon. My luck the IT department did upgrades today so doctor couldn't pull pathology. Hopefully Monday they will have more details. How is the 1 x BEP experience? It seems I will receive treatment as it has the best results to lower relapse in the 1st two years as per my doctor.
    I had a hard time with 1 x BEP. But most people do very well. I had chemo brain for months after. I was neutropenic for 2 weeks which was quite scary. It's a powerful treatment even though it's still only 1 cycle.
    Diagnosed at age 31. Treated in NYC. Now living in Ottawa, ON, Canada.

7/1/2015: felt tiny lump on side of R testicle
    7/30/2015: Ultrasound shows 2 intra-testicular masses.
    7/31/2015: tumor markers normal, CXR clear
    8/5/2015: R orchiectomy
    8/11/2015: Pathology: 1.2 x 1.0 x 1.0 cm, embryonal 80%, seminoma 20%, with LVI and rete testis invasion
    8/14/2015: CT abdomen/pelvis clear, Stage 1b
    8/24/2015: started 1 x BEP

Comment

• zobo
      • Jul 2016

Originally posted by RJKD View Post

I had a hard time with 1 x BEP. But most people do very well. I had chemo brain for months after. I was neutropenic for 2 weeks which was quite scary. It's a powerful treatment even though it's still only 1 cycle.
      Started with my 1 X BEP ajuvant today at Tygerberg and so far so good.

All serum markers (blood taken on 5 Aug) post Orchiectomy (11 July) back to normal according to my oncologist so that is excellent news.

I am just waiting for the copy of my pathology, but the doctor says there nothing to worry about.

It is taking a bit of time due to all the South African public holidays during election week last week.

Other then that, I am feeling great!
      Last edited by zobo; 08-20-16, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• zobo
        • Jul 2016

Hi everyone! I've just competed my long week 1X BEP and feeling all good. The weekend will be hard, but positive I will make it all the way. I had a bit of tinnitus last night but this morning I was fine. Next Bleomycin shot scheduled Tuesday (23/08) morning and my last on the following week (30/08). Followup appointment has been scheduled on 9 November with the oncologist for the routine checks and bloods. Kind Regards Rudie

Comment

Working...
        X