X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder; could it be from stress ?

I've noticed that since I got pulled into this cancer stuff that I notice weird pains in places that I never had before, and when stress is up, the pain pops up too. Then when the stress is gone the pain goes away. I've been through enough of these cycles now where I recognize it for what it is: my body/brain reacting to stressors.

- Matt
    March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
    March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
    6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
    LDH never fully normalized
    Stage: IS
    Watchful Waiting
    May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
    May 12th: started 3xBEP
    Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
    July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
    August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
    September 4th: Port removed
    July 8th 2017: 3 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

Originally posted by JeskiM69 View Post
      I wonder; could it be from stress ?

I've noticed that since I got pulled into this cancer stuff that I notice weird pains in places that I never had before, and when stress is up, the pain pops up too. Then when the stress is gone the pain goes away. I've been through enough of these cycles now where I recognize it for what it is: my body/brain reacting to stressors.

- Matt
      This definitely happens to me as well.
      6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
      6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
      7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
      7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
      10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
      10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
      4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
      4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
      9/18/2017 all clears up to this date!

Comment

Days 11-15

I figured I'd wait and summarize the whole week. This last week was a little rougher Monday through Thursday. No vomiting, but just feeling perpetually nauseated. The compazine helps a bit, but I think the radiation was just beginning to take it's toll on me. Luckily, Friday was the first day of targeted RT; no more huge dogleg field radiation. My doctor thinks that the nausea should begin to clear up as result. Since I only had one enlarged lymph node, the targeted field is very small.

It's also been a relief to know that I'm almost done with this treatment. I know I may not be out of the woods yet, but it's definitely a milestone I'm happy to reach.

Also, I had blood labs drawn last Monday in relation to the leg pain I was feeling. Everything was normal, except my white blood cell count is now 3800. It was 9100 about three weeks prior. I'm not so concerned about this as it's not extremely low. From what I hear, radiation to the abdomen can have an effect on WBC production. But the good news is that my LDH is beginning to trend downward. I guess my doctor wanted to see it anyways; even though during radiation it would make sense for it to be elevated. My LDH is still in the 360's, but that's much better than being in the upper 400's.
        11/16/16 - Something feels off,maybe I have a hernia
        11/23/16 - "You may have cancer"
        12/13/16 - "You most likely have cancer"
        12/21/16 - Left I/O followed by "You definitely have cancer"; 100% classic seminoma, multifocal with tumors at 2cm, 1.2cm, and 4mm, no vascular invasion, no LVI, and no spermatic cord invasion
        12/28/16 - CT scans reveals one suspicious para-aortic lymph node measuring 1.2cm; staged at seminoma IIa
        1/3/17 - Radiation therapy recommended as treatment from hospital tumor board
        1/23/17 - Started RT for 19 sessions
        2/16/17 - All done with radiation
        5/25/17 - All clear given; currently on surveillance
        9/28/17 - Still all clear

Comment

Conor1988. May i ask what risk factors you had to begin with. I just got diagnosed with stage 1A and deciding between surveillance and carboplatin. Seems im reading of a lot of recurrences..

Comment

Day 16-19

ALL DONE

Feels really good to finally be done. I know that I'll have follow-ups and potentially need to do more treatment, but it feels great having made it this far. The last 4 days went very smoothly. I believe the smaller treatment field makes a huge difference on the side effects that you feel. I basically had no physically bad effects the last week.

I believe this is where I'll end this post. Any future things I'll post in another thread.
            12/21/16 - Left I/O followed by "You definitely have cancer"; 100% classic seminoma, multifocal with tumors at 2cm, 1.2cm, and 4mm, no vascular invasion, no LVI, and no spermatic cord invasion
            12/28/16 - CT scans reveals one suspicious para-aortic lymph node measuring 1.2cm; staged at seminoma IIa

Comment

Congrats, man!! Was just about to message you. Great to hear you're doing well. When are you getting your results?

Comment

I'm doing well man. Still have some rumbling in my stomach. But I'm so glad to be done for now

Comment

I'm feeling you - my stomach has been acting up for a while too... Take care!!

Comment

Joe what way is your stomach playing up? Mine is also tbh
                    24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
                    Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
                    Pre/o CT Clear
                    Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
                    Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
                    Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
                    Borderline stage 2B/3B
                    BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
                    CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

I'll typically just get some really mild nausea a couple times a day. It only last maybe a minute but it's just a little uncomfortable. My Rad oncologist said that it will take a month or so before my healthy cells can fully heal though.

Comment

Yh i'm similar, a bit worse as I throw up still once a day at least but I can tell it's improving slowly.
                        24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
                        Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
                        Pre/o CT Clear
                        Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
                        Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
                        Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
                        Borderline stage 2B/3B
                        BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
                        CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

Hi there

So how are you feeling about a month out from radiation? I'm in the same situation - stage 2a seminoma.

May I asked what made you go the radiation route?

Comment

I'm doing well now. I have chest CT this Thursday to make sure nothing has spread there. They noted a small pulmonary node in my first CT so they just want to double check it.

I feel pretty good 3 weeks out now. Still just feel a bit more tired then I used to be. I'm having my T levels checked to make sure that's not a factor though. I've noticed some twitching below my navel that intermittent. Also, my stomach and back are pretty itchy. But the side effects seem pretty mild.

I chose radiation because my hospital's tumor board recommended that for me. And after I did some of my own research I felt that it was a good first attempt as well. 2a seminoma is highly radiosensitive, with most studies showing a 90-100% cure rate from radiation alone. And recurrence is easily treatable with chemo.

Comment

Good to hear you're feeling good, man!! Take care

Comment

Great - glad to hear your doing well. Maybe the body is still in repair mode making you feel a little tired. Hopefully the itchiness goes away soon.

​Sounds like you had a good hospital board working for you. My doctors gave me a run down of the treatments but didn't really recommend one or the other. Although the r oncologist wanted to zap me right there and then.

Take it easy!

Comment

Working...
                                X