X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding slightly enlarged lymph node

Howdy! Well, 1 year 2 months from RPLND of 90% success chance and the radiologist (from my CT scan) flagged a lymph node as "slightly enlarged" ugh. Oncologist said he's not concerned about it (I think most doctors tell you that to keep you from worrying) and that he can't even tell a difference of them side by side. I asked "compared to the lymph node that the cancer showed up in, which resulted in the RPLND, how does it look?" He said that first one definitely looked concerning but this one isn't... again probably just telling me that for my benefit I guess. So my question is: has anyone ever heard of a "slightly enlarged" lymph node not being anything?

PET scan next Friday, see Onc on Wednesday after that, and I'm already in the mindset of getting news of chemo. Just thought I'd ask, thanks in advance for any responses!
    Last edited by Salgari; 03-18-17, 03:13 AM.

What was your pathology after orchiectomy and rplnd? Try not to worry, I know its hard but we're here for you brother. How big is the lymph node?
    11/16- Pain/lump in R testicle 11/16- US finds multiple masses 11/16- Right I/O path multifocal largest nodule 2.1cm 100% EC with LVI/rete testis invasion. 12/16- Ct/markers normal stage 1b 12/16- Ct/markers normal 1/17- rplnd pN1 2 nodes 1.8/1.4 cm EC Stage IIA 2/20 ct/markers clear! 3/1/17 started androgel for low T 4/27/17 Relapsed. Multiple lymph nodes in mesentary and few nodes in retriperitoneum. Start 3x bep. Ct after 2nd cycle revealed all masses already resolved! Continue last cycle! 6/26/17 Finished 3x bep!

Comment

They should be able to give a measurement in mm rather than "slightly enlarged". That phrase is useless.
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe.shupe22 View Post
        What was your pathology after orchiectomy and rplnd? Try not to worry, I know its hard but we're here for you brother. How big is the lymph node?

I don't recall what it was after orchiectomy (2/2014) but when the cancer returned and was in a single lymph node (11/2015) my markers were normal and their still normal. Unfortunately I was a little shocked when I got the news and never thought to ask the size of it.

Comment

Well, if the the doc can't see a difference, probably nothing to worry about, still, it would be nice to know the size. Certainly if it was 1cm, your doc would be concerned.

Dave
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
          X