X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had RPLND

Soooo after three rounds of BEP and then an RPLND...Doctors say I'm Cancer free! Surgeon did a bang up job on the RPLND. None of the side effects I've read about yet. Highly recommend Graeme Steele. Now I'm just on a surveillance program. Blood tests all the time, scans every now and then.

Fantastic news! Enjoy yourself now, although take it easy with the recovery ha
    24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
    Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
    Pre/o CT Clear
    Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
    Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
    Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
    Borderline stage 2B/3B
    BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
    CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

Please keep us updated. How far out for RNPLD? Thank you for suggesting Dr. Steele in Boston, hopefully it will help someone who lives in that area.
      Take care!!
      17 year old Grant dx 12/21/16
      pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
      pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
      r/o 12/22/16
      Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
      PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
      2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
      BEP x 3 1/27/17
      Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
      2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
      Post Chemo RNPLD 5/8/17: pathlogy Teratoma & Fibrous Tissue
      3 large masses removed

Comment

I'm two weeks out. First blood test following RPLND looked normal too.

Comment

Hi DMCKELLA

How long after your chemotherapy did you wait to have it done? I'm also in Boston but I'm being treated at Boston Medical Center, everyone there is great. Their RPLND surgeon is Dr. Mark Katz. I'm hoping I don't need one but who knows.

Comment

DMCKELLA~ May ask post chemo on Ct Scan how many nodes were over 1 cm or 2cm? Hope you are still healing well.
            r/o 12/22/16

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
            BEP x 3 1/27/17
            3 large masses removed

Comment

Congratulations!! Glad to hear that things went well with the RPLND and the pathology was normal. Time to get back to living life!! Great news.

Mike
              Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
              06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
              06.26.06 Left I/O
              06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
              06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
              Surveillance...
              Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
              6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_Eye View Post
                Hi DMCKELLA

How long after your chemotherapy did you wait to have it done? I'm also in Boston but I'm being treated at Boston Medical Center, everyone there is great. Their RPLND surgeon is Dr. Mark Katz. I'm hoping I don't need one but who knows.
                Just under a month from the last Bleo day. Hopefully you don't need him!

Comment

Originally posted by Trekga View Post
                  DMCKELLA~ May ask post chemo on Ct Scan how many nodes were over 1 cm or 2cm? Hope you are still healing well.
                  I may be misunderstanding, but there was 1 tumor attached to the Vena Cava and then there was one other suspicious node. They removed both plus a couple other nodes and all the other nodes were disease free. The tumor was Teratoma as was the suspicious node.

Comment

Congrats, Dmeckella1, glad to hear you went through it and it's looking good now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmckella1 View Post

Just under a month from the last Bleo day. Hopefully you don't need him!

Wow, that was pretty fast after huh. Did he do a full open procedure or Robotic? How long was your stay in the hospital? Lastly, how much of your original tumor was Teratoma? Sorry for asking all of these questions, I'm just trying to prepare myself for the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_Eye View Post

Wow, that was pretty fast after huh. Did he do a full open procedure or Robotic? How long was your stay in the hospital? Lastly, how much of your original tumor was Teratoma? Sorry for asking all of these questions, I'm just trying to prepare myself for the worst.

No worries at all bud. Happy to help because it's intimidating going in. Hospital stay was four days. It wasn't too bad. There's no reason to ever be in pain is what I learned in the hospital. They can figure out whatever drug regimen you need to be comfortable. It was a full open procedure. They say I'm recovering quickly because i'm young and relatively healthy. The tumor was actually 100% teratoma if I remember correctly.

Comment

DMCKELLA~ Wow, good for you to keep pain at bay in the hospital. Did you have an epidural? It seems some hospitals offer that for RNPLD patients. Glad you are recovering so well.
                          r/o 12/22/16

BEP x 3 1/27/17
                          3 large masses removed

Comment

Originally posted by Trekga View Post
                            DMCKELLA~ Wow, good for you to keep pain at bay in the hospital. Did you have an epidural? It seems some hospitals offer that for RNPLD patients. Glad you are recovering so well.
                            I did! But apparently on the last day and a half or so I pulled it out of position so it was just a placebo. My nurse and I figured out a regimen though.

Comment

Holy smokes man an epidural.......did they give you any painkillers before they put it in?.....that needle is gigantic! I'd faint before it even touches me!

Comment

Working...
                              X