X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dmckella1
    • Nov 2016

Just had RPLND

Soooo after three rounds of BEP and then an RPLND...Doctors say I'm Cancer free! Surgeon did a bang up job on the RPLND. None of the side effects I've read about yet. Highly recommend Graeme Steele. Now I'm just on a surveillance program. Blood tests all the time, scans every now and then.
  • Nish115
    • Nov 2016

Fantastic news! Enjoy yourself now, although take it easy with the recovery ha
    24 year old diagnosed 6/11/16
    Pre/o markers 9/11/16 - HCG 15, AFP 210, LDH 539
    Pre/o CT Clear
    Non-seminoma (80% embryonal carcinoma, 10% yolk sac tumour, 5% chorea carcinoma, 5% seminoma)
    Post-op markers - 14/12/16 - HCG 35, AFP 1050, LDH 430
    Post-op CT with one enlarged lymph node - 1.5x1cm
    Borderline stage 2B/3B
    BEPx3 started 15/12/16 (Borderline BEPx4 - Advise of Dr. E to only do 3 rounds)
    CT and markers clear - in remission - 28/2/16

Comment

• Trekga
      • Jan 2017

Please keep us updated. How far out for RNPLD? Thank you for suggesting Dr. Steele in Boston, hopefully it will help someone who lives in that area.
      Take care!!
      Son Grant
      dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
      Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
      2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
      Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

• Dmckella1
        • Nov 2016

I'm two weeks out. First blood test following RPLND looked normal too.

Comment

• Daniel_Eye
          • Feb 2017

Hi DMCKELLA

How long after your chemotherapy did you wait to have it done? I'm also in Boston but I'm being treated at Boston Medical Center, everyone there is great. Their RPLND surgeon is Dr. Mark Katz. I'm hoping I don't need one but who knows.

Comment

• Trekga
            • Jan 2017

DMCKELLA~ May ask post chemo on Ct Scan how many nodes were over 1 cm or 2cm? Hope you are still healing well.
            Son Grant
            dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
            Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

• Mike
              Administrator
              • Apr 2008

Congratulations!! Glad to hear that things went well with the RPLND and the pathology was normal. Time to get back to living life!! Great news.

Mike
              Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
              06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
              06.26.06 Left I/O
              06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
              06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
              Surveillance...
              Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
              6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

For some reason I do not get notices of private messages on here so please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] if you would like to chat privately so as to avoid any delays.

Comment

• Dmckella1
                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Daniel_Eye View Post
                Hi DMCKELLA

How long after your chemotherapy did you wait to have it done? I'm also in Boston but I'm being treated at Boston Medical Center, everyone there is great. Their RPLND surgeon is Dr. Mark Katz. I'm hoping I don't need one but who knows.
                Just under a month from the last Bleo day. Hopefully you don't need him!

Comment

• Dmckella1
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Trekga View Post
                  DMCKELLA~ May ask post chemo on Ct Scan how many nodes were over 1 cm or 2cm? Hope you are still healing well.
                  I may be misunderstanding, but there was 1 tumor attached to the Vena Cava and then there was one other suspicious node. They removed both plus a couple other nodes and all the other nodes were disease free. The tumor was Teratoma as was the suspicious node.

Comment

• JoeTheAstronaut
                    • Dec 2016

Congrats, Dmeckella1, glad to hear you went through it and it's looking good now!!
                    July 2016 - Left I/O
                    December 2016 - BEPx3
                    All clear for 2.5 years now + new baby!

Simplify Cancer: Man's Guide to Navigating the Everyday Reality of Cancer
                    My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
                    First Oncologist Visit Checklist
                    Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

• Daniel_Eye
                      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Dmckella1 View Post

Just under a month from the last Bleo day. Hopefully you don't need him!

Wow, that was pretty fast after huh. Did he do a full open procedure or Robotic? How long was your stay in the hospital? Lastly, how much of your original tumor was Teratoma? Sorry for asking all of these questions, I'm just trying to prepare myself for the worst.

Comment

• Dmckella1
                        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Daniel_Eye View Post

Wow, that was pretty fast after huh. Did he do a full open procedure or Robotic? How long was your stay in the hospital? Lastly, how much of your original tumor was Teratoma? Sorry for asking all of these questions, I'm just trying to prepare myself for the worst.

No worries at all bud. Happy to help because it's intimidating going in. Hospital stay was four days. It wasn't too bad. There's no reason to ever be in pain is what I learned in the hospital. They can figure out whatever drug regimen you need to be comfortable. It was a full open procedure. They say I'm recovering quickly because i'm young and relatively healthy. The tumor was actually 100% teratoma if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Trekga
                          • Jan 2017

DMCKELLA~ Wow, good for you to keep pain at bay in the hospital. Did you have an epidural? It seems some hospitals offer that for RNPLD patients. Glad you are recovering so well.
                          Son Grant
                          dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3

Comment

• Dmckella1
                            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Trekga View Post
                            DMCKELLA~ Wow, good for you to keep pain at bay in the hospital. Did you have an epidural? It seems some hospitals offer that for RNPLD patients. Glad you are recovering so well.
                            I did! But apparently on the last day and a half or so I pulled it out of position so it was just a placebo. My nurse and I figured out a regimen though.

Comment

• Daniel_Eye
                              • Feb 2017

Holy smokes man an epidural.......did they give you any painkillers before they put it in?.....that needle is gigantic! I'd faint before it even touches me!

Comment

Working...
                              X