Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YKSPALLI~ Yes, please update us. glad you can take a deep breath now.
    17 year old son Grant dx 12/21/16
    pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
    pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
    r/o 12/22/16
    Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
    PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
    2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
    BEP x 3 1/27/17
    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

My oncologist just called and gave me an all clear! The remaining lymph node was shrunken and now I'm on the surveillance.

Comment

That's fantastic news! Congrats!
        3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT scan clear, AFP was 19. 8/16/17 AFP drops to 10. Doctor pleased ALL CLEAR!

Comment

Another all clear!
          AFP 2
          HCG 3

I have some constantly worsening surface numbness and deep pain in my feet, it's been downhill since july. That is a weird combination. Especially when getting up from bed or sofa after laying down for some time, it hurts enough that I can't walk properly for a minute or so. Worst part are my heels. Finger numbness and pains have turned for better and I only get stinging pains quite rarely, compared to almost daily in june-july. Also the swelling and restricted movement has gone almost completely, still can't use my wedding ring, but that's ok. My wife can't use her ring because of a small accident with a horse.
          Hair started to grow 2nd week of july and it's like babyhair and has a slight metallic/platinum-like shine. Facial hair was completely white for the first 0.5-1cm and now back to the usual rusty brown.

I hope everything good for all of you, thank you for your support!

Comment

The BEST news!! Sorry you are experiencing neuropathy. Copngrats on your ALL CLEAR!!!!
            17 year old son Grant dx 12/21/16
            pre/o markers 12/21/16- HCG:1065.15,AFP:298.8,LDH:1119
            pre/o CT Scan 12/22/16 normal
            r/o 12/22/16
            Post r/o Elevated Markers with INCREASE 4 weeks post r/o;
            PATHLOGY: mixed maligent germ cell 8.6 x 6.2 x 5.9 cm

-80% Embryonal, 10% Yolk Sac, 5% Teratoma, 5% Choriocarcinoma w/LVI within Spermatic Cord and invasion into Rete Testis
            2nd CT scan on 1/24/17 3 nodes 2 over 2.5, one over 3.5
            BEP x 3 1/27/17
            Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
            2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
            Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Love to see the all clears! Hopefully the side effects start going away with time soon!
              3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT scan clear, AFP was 19. 8/16/17 AFP drops to 10. Doctor pleased ALL CLEAR!

Comment

My feet lagged behind my hands a fair amount, probably 2 months or so. Mine got as bad as the feeling you get when your foot falls asleep and it is waking up. My hands were already getting better by the time my feet started getting their worst. I'm almost 2 years out of chemo now and have pretty much no lingering effects - my neurapathy is probably 95% gone in my feet and hands. It did take 8+ months for it to go away in my feet though.
                6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
                6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
                7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
                7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
                10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
                10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
                4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
                4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
                9/18/2017 all clears up to this date!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I'm prepared for these symptoms to last some years.

I'm extremely happy that the painful tinnitus went away very quickly, I still can't be in loud noise, concerts etc. even with ear protection. That was the worst symptom because I've always protected my hearing and went to concerts a few times a month. Only way to describe that would be ring modulation & distortion effect on large sheets of steel rolling around in a washing maschine. My own speech hurt and rang in my ears, dogs barking was painful.
                  Weird, but we're winning this.
                  Have a good day people!

Comment

hi Ykspalli (are you finnish?)

I finished chemo in Oct last year after 95% Yolk Sac with a huge lymph node met. I have had back pain and neuro symptoms (fasciculations, one seizure when i did not feel my right hand for 1 hour, feeling of "burning" in my neck) ever since. When it all started I had TERRIBLE night sweats and a few cold chills, tachycardia at 3 AM etc... Now i have constant tinnitus, back pain, and the neuro symptoms are lighter.

It sounds we had some common "features".

I still dont have a diagnosis and it is freaking me out, doctors say chemo just does not cause this..

BUT it seems it is not related to cancer as my AFP today was 4.4 . I just want to drink and celebrate.

Comment

by the way... my huge lymph node remained 4*5cm after 4 (!) rounds of chemo. but it was all necrotic when taken out.

Comment

Working...
                      X