X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scotty808
    • Jun 2017

Need some advice please

I was diagnosed with TC in both testicles on June 7th i had a abdominal and pelvic and chest CT scan with and without contrast the next day all was clear my HCG marker was 234. I had surgery on the 13th June everything went well. The pathology was pure seminoma in both and there was no signs of any vascular invasion and my blood tests 2 weeks after surgery my HCG level was back in the normal range I saw the Oncologist and we are doing observation and i am due to have my 3 month scans and blood work done in just over 2 weeks my question is it's been 10 weeks since surgery but i keep getting on and off abdominal pain in my left side a couple of inches above my incision and also the past few days my glands in my neck keep hurting on and off first the left side then the next time it could be on the right side and it normally does not last to long maybe about 30 minutes then it goes away. I never wake up with any of these symptoms they start flaring up after i have been up a hour or so anyone have these symptoms post surgery thanks
  • JeskiM69
    • May 2014

The pain above the incision point is most likely nothing. I am 3.5 year out from my IO and I still feel an occasional "something" in the area.

Regarding the nodes in your neck....Are you constantly feeling them, etc ?

If you are then leave them alone for a while. They are tender and constantly feeling them will agitate them. Another thing is that you may be starting to truly experience the psychosomatic effects of surveillance as most of us do as we near our checkups, scans, etc.

- Matt

March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
    March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
    6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
    LDH never fully normalized
    Stage: IS
    Watchful Waiting
    May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
    May 12th: started 3xBEP
    Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
    July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
    August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
    September 4th: Port removed
    Jan 9th 2019: 4.5 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

• scotty808
      • Jun 2017

Just spoke to my Urologist there moving the tests forward

Comment

• scotty808
        • Jun 2017

If my abdominal and pelvic and chest CT scans were clear 11 weeks ago and there was no vascular invasion what are the chances it has spread to my neck in such a short space of time

Comment

• dcalandrelli
          • Apr 2017

It would be highly unlikely I would imagine. It would most likely land in the lymph first in the abdomen. I'd be surprised to hear it was in the neck.
          3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 6/08/23 All clears up to here! 6 years all clear! Son born September 2022, conceived naturally!

Comment

• Davepet
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by scotty808 View Post
            If my abdominal and pelvic and chest CT scans were clear 11 weeks ago and there was no vascular invasion what are the chances it has spread to my neck in such a short space of time
            Pretty close to zero, actually. Not saying it can't appen, but not likely.

Dave
            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• scotty808
              • Jun 2017

Went to my local doctor this morning and i do have very minor swollen glands in each side of my neck and i have chills and a stiff neck but no fever but he does not think its cancer related he thinks i have just picked up an infection and it will clear its self up over the next few days and he also said the pain in my stomach could be possibly be scar tissue pain anyway i had all my blood work and chest x-rays done today and i have my CT scans done tomorrow so fingers crossed
              Last edited by scotty808; 08-24-17, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• scotty808
                • Jun 2017

Well my Urologist just called me with my results my pelvic and abdomen CT were all clear all my blood work was normal and my chest x-ray was exemplary so like my local doctor said my swollen glands must be an infection and the random belly pain is just a mixture of anxiety and post surgery

Comment

Working...
                X