X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning signs

When your on observation what are the warning signs that the cancer has possibly spread to another part of the body i am on observation i am have recently been getting a lot of abdominal pain on and off + a very stiff neck and swollen glands and have general all over body aches and migraines so this question is for people who were on observation and ended up need chemo i had both testicles removed on the 13th June this year pure seminoma in both pathology shown no signs of any vascular invasion and the pelvic and abdominal and chest CT scan i had done a few days before surgery was all clear and my HCG count was back in the normal range thanks for any advice

Back pain is certainly a symptom of spreading of the deasease to the abdomen. In my case, in addition to a weired back pain (not strong), I started having all of a sudden serious stomach problem (I could hardly touch food for 10 days). While having those symptoms I had one of my regular check (I was on surveillance) and the doctors did not relate any of these to TC (markers were negative and no CT was done in that moment). At the next control, three months later, while stomach problem was somehow resolved, recurrence was discovered through CT scan (1 enlarged node in the abdomen). I am pretty sure also the stomach issues were related as I have never had any problem before and I was eating very healthy. My experience is that doctors (unfortunately) tend to dismiss those symptoms and tend to rely on markers and images.

Comment

Thanks i think i am just being way to over anxious this is the 1st time i am waiting on my test results since my surgery had my my blood work and chest x-ray on Thursday and my CT scan on Friday morning and with every little thing like my swollen glands makes me think all sorts of bad thoughts and the occasionally sharp abdomen pain and for the 1st time last night i had the feeling on the inside of my left thigh was sore and it felt like a dead leg i am just probably way over thinking it and i look at my young daughter and that just makes my anxiety worse any advice on dealing with anxiety would be helpful

Comment

I also had stomach problems around the time I noticed my lump that was stage 2 tc so I'm also linking it to spreading. Also weirdly the stomach problems went away after the orchiectomy
        *** Serum Markers Never High***

July 14, 2017: Lump on right testicle
        July 18: Urologist orders U/S
        July 20: US show 3 lesions "highly suspicious for testicular cancer"
        July 26: Pelvic CT shows 1 lymph node @ 2cm, 1 @ 1.4cm
        July 30: Right Radical Orchiectomy
        Aug 2: Pathology report "100% Embryonal Carcinoma"
        Aug 20: Oncologist stages 2A, wants RPLND primary treatment
        Sept. 5: Urologist disagrees on RPLND primary, wants 2nd ct
        Sept 13: 2nd CT shows nodes now 2.4cm and 1.8cm
        Sept 15: Now Stage 2B, New treatment 3x BEP
        Oct. 2: Begin 3x BEP

Comment

Yeah i had zero stomach problems before my surgery now i have this on and off pain in my belly just comes on quick then goes away quick it's just odd with me having my CT on Friday morning hoping to find out the results tomorrow it's just horrible waiting

Comment

Originally posted by scotty808 View Post
            When your on observation what are the warning signs that the cancer has possibly spread to another part of the body
            For the vast majority, there are absolutely no warning signs. Back pain & stomach problems are all very common & only rarely related to cancer of any sort.If there was some way to actually know, I suspect we'd find that most cases of pain that guys feel are TC related actually were just coincidental.Maybe one day we will know for sure.

Dave
            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Originally posted by scotty808 View Post
              When your on observation what are the warning signs that the cancer has possibly spread to another part of the body
              For the vast majority, there are absolutely no warning signs. Back pain & stomach problems are all very common & only rarely related to cancer of any sort.If there was some way to actually know, I suspect we'd find that most cases of pain that guys feel are TC related actually were just coincidental.Maybe one day we will know for sure.

Dave
              Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
              X