X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully worrying over nothing

Hi there i had my testicles removed 13th June this year pathology was seminoma in both with no vascular invasion i am currently on observation i had my 1st 3 month check a couple of weeks ago CT scans all clear - chest x-ray all clear and all my blood work was in the normal range my question is over the past couple of weeks my neck has been very stiff my glands have been very painful on and off and the back of my throat has been sore and i feel run down are these any worrying signs that something may have spread thanks i have never had anxiety before this experience but my anxiety is high hopefully i am worrying over nothing.

Thanks.

The key would be to talk to your primary care, oncologist and urologist frequently, make sure they have open lines of communication with each other and do your best to get documents to them if they aren't part of the same healthcare organization. Especially since you had both testicles removed you should be getting some kind of Testosterone replacement therapy. Have they given you anything for that yet? If not, I wonder if it might have sometime to do with muscle atrophy due to no testosterone production.

Comment

Yeah I am on Androgel 3 pumps a day my latest blood work my T level was still just under 300 it was 283 I am at my Urolgist on Monday just feeling run down and this stiff neck and sore throat is just bothering me

Comment

TC metastasis are silent and painless until quite advanced. So if you are on a proper surveillance protocol, the scans/labwork will discover a recurrence long before the mets are large enough to cause symptoms. They are completely unrelated.
        6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
        6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
        7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
        7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
        10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
        10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
        4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
        4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
        9/18/2017 all clears up to this date!

Comment

Working...
        X