X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testis-Sparring Surgery ?

Hi guys, since so did the ultrasound scan in 4th Sep and it's been very slow progress here in UK, I was frustrated and decided fly back to China since it's easier to see the doctor there and can progress faster. I was recommend to one of the top urologist there and after the exam.
    He would treat me with Testis-Sparring Surgery instead of Orchiectomy. Follow up with Nerve sparing RPLND if vicious tumor is confirmed. Then possible have Chemo .( I guess it's a typical procedure here )
    What do you guys think ?

Testis sparing surgery is generally not done unless you only have one testicle left. The reason is that there is such a high chance that the rest of the testicle has precancerous cells (IGCTN). You should have the entire testicle removed. No talk of RPLND should happen until you get your CT scans done and you testicle is biopsied. You doctor is going way ahead of himself here.
    Diagnosed at age 31. Treated in NYC. Now living in Ottawa, ON, Canada.

7/1/2015: felt tiny lump on side of R testicle
    7/30/2015: Ultrasound shows 2 intra-testicular masses.
    7/31/2015: tumor markers normal, CXR clear
    8/5/2015: R orchiectomy
    8/11/2015: Pathology: 1.2 x 1.0 x 1.0 cm, embryonal 80%, seminoma 20%, with LVI and rete testis invasion
    8/14/2015: CT abdomen/pelvis clear, Stage 1b
    8/24/2015: started 1 x BEP

Comment

The urologist said he will only remove part of the testis if it's benign. ( They use some sort of quick freeze tech so they can get the analysis result in half hour) If it's vicious the whole is removed.
      CT scan should be priority than RPLND. Sorry I didn't mention that.
      Last edited by Porkymail; 09-13-17, 07:33 PM.

Comment

What are the results of the U/S? Unless it's a solid tumor, any surgery is probably inappropriate, if it is a solid tumor, get it out ASAP. U/S errors are extremely rare.
        Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
        Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Here is the ultrasound
          Attached Files

Comment

The surgeon did operation today and it has liquid inside. Frozen analysis result unsure. The tumor is removed , but he didn't remove the testicle and wait for report in 7 days.. .

Comment

Sounds like error ? The radiologist also said there is liquid inside....Didn't seems write on his report..

Comment

My surgeon said the tumor has identical "shell" so he removed the tumor completely. I hope this surgery won't cause spread ? If it turn out its cancer then I will do surgery again and remove the whole testicle

Comment

Working...
                X