X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speeder
    • Aug 2017

pathology out - Adenomatoid - done

i am wrapping up my journey today. pathology report is out, it's an adenomatoid tumor. Urologist said it is very rare to see it in testicle. my mood is mix. hope in the future the new tech can detect it remotely.

2/2017: ultrasound for something else but found a mass in R testicle. 5x4x3mm
    2/2017: blood test of LDH --> normal
    4/2017: MRI confirm the mass, 5mm. normal-sized inguinal lymph nodes bilaterally
    8/2017: 2nd ultrasound. mass size no change. 5x4x5mm
    9/26/2017: R orchiectomy.
    10/2017: pathology report, adenomatoid
  • Trekga
    • Jan 2017

So sorry you had to undergo ochietcomy for the benign tumor. But from what I have read it is hard to diagnosis since it is so rare.
    Son Grant
    dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

• speeder
      • Aug 2017

actually my urologist has discussed this potential with me and offered one option is surveillance only since the tumor is small. but it's not the preferred option. I also did some research myself. seems the currently technology is not capable to clarify my case without cutting it out. after several months' pondering I decided to jump. it's hard to live under the shadow of cancer.

Comment

• vpirh
        • Sep 2017

I was in your exact situation a month ago. Urologist saw a solid mass and told me that it is “most likely cancer”, he did mention that there is a very small chance it could be something else (he mentioned for liability I believe, as far as I can tell he was certain it was cancer).
        It turned out to be an infraction. I was pissed for first few months and still feel that I got the raw deal.
        So I agree it sucks that technology is not there for correct diagnosis and I wish thing would have been different. But now I just carry on, because nothing I can do about it as it is a done deal...

Comment

• speeder
          • Aug 2017

vpirh, sorry to hear that. At this time we should focus on the good side. Let the bad go.

Comment

Working...
          X