Clear All
  • scotty808
    • Jun 2017

Help

Diagnosed with double TC June 7th
    Surgery to remove both June 13th
    Pathology report was seminoma in both with no signs of vascular invasion
    Spoke to oncologist and we are doing observation
    End of August i had my CT scans and Chest X-ray and blood work all clear and looking good

I have been feeling fine since apart from having to root canals and some painful glands in my neck but this last week i have been getting a lot of abdominal pain and lower back pain i spoke to my Urologist mid week and he did not seem to concerned but he said follow up with your primary care doctor who i see tomorrow but this weekend both pains have got worse and i have noticed i have lost a little bit of weight and i know if there is a recurrence it is mainly in the lymph nodes in your abdomen and it causes back and abdomen pain my question is i know seminoma grows slowly and it has been 9 weeks since my last clear scans can something appear in that time period and should i just go to the ER and get them to check it out

Thanks
  • dcalandrelli
    • Apr 2017

For back pain to occur something would have to be fairly large. I can’t imagine anything would grow that size in just two months. With double TC and both being removed it could be hormone imbalance causing issues, I don’t know though just a possibility. I feel fairly certain though it wouldn’t be a tumor causing this issue.
    3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 6/08/23 All clears up to here! 6 years all clear! Son born September 2022, conceived naturally!

Comment

• Jackmandy919
      • Oct 2017

This happened with my husband, pure seminoma.. within a month the lymph node almost doubled in size! He’s been complaining about low abdominal pain and back pain since September.. he had the orchiectomy in August 2017.. just started BEPx3 treatment this past Monday.. pain is now gone that he was having.

Comment

• scotty808
        • Jun 2017

Good luck with that my pain is upper and lower abdomen and its 24/7

Comment

• Trekga
          • Jan 2017

Hopefully you will find out something from your regular doctor.
          Son Grant
          dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
          Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
          2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
          Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Working...
          X