Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • This topic by TC Mom has been deleted by TC Mom
    duplicate

Update on the dry ejaculation issue...

Sorry TC Forum doesn't like me today. It wouldn't let me update on my original post; kept telling me that I am not authorized and then would take me back to the home page.
    As an update - he is 60 days post-RPLND and still having the dry ejaculations and no real improvement in the left leg nerve pain. His oncologist won't do anything but keep increasing his Gabapentin and they keep trying to say that since they didn't do his RPLND, they can't do much. I am beyond frustrated. They now have him taking 900mg 3x a day, with plans to up it to 1200mg 3x.day - along with
    Ibuprofren . I don't like the idea of him taking a narcotic long term either, but he's in pain. Daily. Walking in between classes at school is very taxing on him.

For the dry issue... His pediatric urologist, pediatric oncologist and surgeon are all puzzled and say that they have never heard of chemo causing the dry ejaculations. He is only 16 so we have plenty of time before we need to be concerned about fertility, and he did bank so we have a back up plan as well. I just hate that he has to deal with this at such a young age. I did tell Dr. Cary that I feel my family is a bunch of Medical Freaks of Nature - we tend to get the rare, unusual things so it doesn't surprise me that he of all people would end up with this side effect, but I hate it for him.
    Mom to Zachary - dx. at the age of 15 - Stage IIIC mixed germ cell
    5.10.17 - Initial diagnosis
    Baseline markers: BhCG: 43,882 AFP: 138 LDH: 328

5.16.17 - Left Radical orchiectomy (total tumor size 7x5x4cm)
    5.31.17 - CT Scan showed mets to retroperitoneal LNs (5.7x6.4x9.4cm, 1.7x2.6x3.5cm, 3.1x4.5x6.1cm)
    PATH: Mixed germ cell (75% teratoma, 15% embryonal ca, 8% yolk sac tumor, & 2% trophoblastic tumor) Spermatic cord margin, neg. Germ cell neoplasia in situ present.

Post-op markers: BhCG: 73,837 AFP: 38 LDH: 412

BEP#1 6.9.17 BhCG:77,721, AFP 34
    BEP#2 7.3.17 BhCG: 210, AFP: 6
    BEP#3 7.24.17 BhCG: 19 AFP: 3
    BEP#4 8.14.17 BhCG: 4.59 AFP: 5

8.28.17 BhCG 2.46, AFP 6
    9.7.17 BhCG 1.78, AFP 3

RPLND 9.14.17 - path report showed 100% teratoma in nodes removed! ALL CLEAR!

I too have been having issues with the forum. Sorry to hear this that just sucks for him. For his pain I imagine it will go away but slowly. I only did 3xBEP and Iím still facing side effects 4 months out. Add another cycle and major surgery and I imagine he just needs time to recover, but it just sucks. The dry ejaculation issue is indeed odd hopefully the nerves begin to repair over time as well.
    3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 9/12/18 All clears up to here!

Comment

http://www.tc-cancer.com/forum/forum...-after-7-years
      Is this the same issue your son is having?

Comment

Working...
      X