Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDH slightly above normal

Hey Everyone,

I had my bloodwork done last week and all my markers were normal with the exception of my LDH which was 198 (lab range 92-192). The night before my bloodtest I did work out and do a HIIT training. Would that cause it to rise?

Thanks!

LDH is very non specific and really canít tell too much. Working out absolutely can make it rise. Iíve read a lot of people have had that issue and it was significantly higher. That is not even really high and from what Iíve heard they donít worry unless itís excessively high which that isnít. With normal blood markers you are in the clear!
    3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 11/16/17 All Clear! AFP continues to drop!

Comment

LDH is really not a tumor marker, it is a measure of inflammation anywhere in the body. Some oncologists won't even check for it.I would not be concerned at being a few points over the normal range.

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
      X