Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiotherapy - Stage 1/2a Seminoma

Hi all,

New to the forum but by no means early in my own journey. I guess I'm looking for some feedback from anyone who has had adjuvant Radiotherapy. How they found it, side effects encountered etc.

My story so far:

24/08/17: "Hello lump"
    01/09/17: Urology referral & US - There’s “something” in lefty
    11/09/17: CT Scan
    16/09/17: Left I/O - 1 (one) PA node of 10.2mm noted on CT
    02/10/17: Oncologist confirms - Stage 1 100% Classic Seminoma. No RT/Lymph/Vascular invasion or organ spread. Tumour is less than 4cm. Blood markers still not elevated.
    06/10/17: PET CT - single PA node lights up
    16/10/17: Confirmed treatment as 1 dose Carboplatin + Radiotherapy on the Lymph. Staging is "technically" 2a but assume due to small size, absence of spread + static, non elevated markers treated as Stage 1 with all but the node removal surgery.
    01/11/17: Single Agent Carboplatin Infusion
    Next: Radiotherapy - 15 fractions. Awaiting appointment/treatment schedule.

Treatment is being undertaken by Dr Wheater at Southampton, UK.

All the best,

Nick

I did 20G at The Christie, back in 2009 over 10 (I think) sessions. It was "okay" and was able to drive myself to/from appointments. But it did make me feel tired / groggy and "under the weather" for a few weeks.

The big thing I would recommend is that you take the meds they give you! They give some anti-sickness drugs to use, when needed. I thought I wouldn't bother and a couple of journeys I had to stop driving home *immediately* because needed to/did throw-up right there and then! After that episode I took the drugs and no other real issues.

Jan 2009: RHS (Seminoma) & RT
    Mar 2010: LHS (Embryonal Carcinoma)
    Sep 2010: Relapse & 3 x BEP
    Mar 2015: Five years "nut free"
    http://doublezeroami.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
    X