Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having an experienced pathologist take a look at the specimen is not a bad idea and I am not sure at all by what they think looks weird. Outside of any changes to the pathology, your options will still be surveillance or RPLND as with any other stage Ia nonseminoma. I would ask at Sloan-Kettering (and they will take great care of you) but I am thinking that with pure teratoma in the orchiectomy specimen that adjuvant BEPx1 just wouldn't make a lot of sense and that active surveillance or primary RPLND is more the way I would go.

Mike
    Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
    06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
    06.26.06 Left I/O
    06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
    06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
    Surveillance...
    Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
    6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

Comment

Hello to all!
      Itís been a few days since I have posted. I got the second opinion on the pathology slides and came back with a 5% embroynal carcinoma and 5% yolk sac- the remaining teratoma. I am still awaiting my appointment at Sloan Kettering and there they will do their own pathology report to confirm.

My biggest question is. I am almost 4 weeks post op and had my blood test done yesterday and my tumor markers were elevated. Preop they were normal. Opinions and concerns with this reading?? I am taking another blood test tomorrow to confirm not a false reading.

Comment

Hi, glad you are going to Sloan Kettering. If blood test confirms tumor markers are now elevated and were previously normal, they will probably order more tumor markers and a CT Scan depending on how elevated. I tried to look back and do not see mention of one, did you have one already?
        Son Grant
        dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
        Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
        2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
        Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.
        Grant is enjoying his senior year in High School Cancer Free!

Comment

Working...
        X