Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abdomen discomfort question

Hello,

It has been a while since i posted and thus far things have been going pretty well. Admittedly i still have anxiety about this and as I move along I find those things I think are something triggering a re-occurrence are not thankfully which I think has started stifling the anxiety a bit.

My diagnosis was Oct of 2015 and I didn't go through chemo or anything and I am simply keeping an eye if anything concerns present themselves. The oncologist i was seeing from the start left about a year ago. My new oncologist thought we didn't need to do ct follow ups as often which is fine but did increase my anxiety a little bit. My last abdomen CT was done in April of 2017 and they did a chest only CT about OCT of 2017.

My current issue is that I get a radiating pain over the past weeks in to my abdomen. It is more of a dull ache and not sharp. At times it will radiate in to the remaining testicle and up in the abdomen. Also, it can hurt where the testicle that was removed was which is strange. I don't think it is actually paining in to that testicle but more the region. The part maybe that concerns me the most is for many many years prior to the TC i had random pains in to my left testicle and nobody could determine why. Many thought an infection so would do antibiotics and sometimes that worked sometimes not but then it would usually disappear. This would happen a few times a year.

My current abdomen discomfort has been occurring for a few weeks and i have my yearly physical next week with my GP but wanted to get this forums opinion and thoughts.

Thanks.

I would have your GP run a few tests to rule out things. Have you had any bloodwork?
    Son Grant
    dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That is a good thought to suggest he run a few extra blood tests just to check things out.

I have been having blood work done every 6 months and the last that i had done in Oct all came back good.

Beta HCG was < <1.2 mIU/mL
      AFP <2.0 ng/mL
      LDH was 188 U/L

When they did my blood work during the initial discovery I believe it was my LDH that was elevated at about 270 U/L. The others were all normal.

Is it these test again you would have them do?

Comment

Working...
      X