X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some friendly advice please

Hi there i was diagnosed with double TC on June 7th last year had both removed on the 13th June the pathology report was pure semimoma in both at the time my HCG was 234 i had a CT scan and chest before surgery all was clear 2 weeks after surgery all my tumor markers were in the normal range i spoke to an oncologist and we are doing observation and she sent me back to my Urologist i had a full check end of August all scans and x-rays were clear the next test i had was mid November blood work only my urologist said i did not need any scans because he said it is to many scans all the blood work came back good. So i am due to have my CT scans in a couple of weeks my question is i have been having belly pain for a few weeks i was diagnosed a few weeks ago with diverticulitis so i hope the belly pain is this. My question is my scans were clear at the end of August so it will have been 6 months between scans if anything has happened inside me in the last 6 months will we have caught it in time to do something about it
    Thanks

I could be wrong but I read on here a doctor told one of the posters the type of pain you need to be concerned with would be constant no matter what you do. A tumor has to be quite large to cause pain. We all get aches and pains and to write them off for everyday annoyances which is what typically causes them is easier said than done. I have had a mild back pain ( not even pain just a slight tingling at times) thatís been worrying me, but Iíve also fell on my back twice this winter on ice which Iím attributing it to that, but itís hard to not think the worst as well. Diverticulitis seems to be the culprit here as pain is a symptom.
    3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 11/16/17 All Clear! AFP continues to drop!

Comment

I may have been that poster mentioned above. My Oncologist warned me that any pains that wakes someone up from a deep sleep are the one you need to be worried about. If you keep waking up in the middle of the night from this pain, then yes, get it checked out. Also, she mentioned if the pain was associated with a tumor pressing on something then that pain would be nearly constant and likely worsen with time.

If there is anything going on (cancer wise) then yes the CT will reveal it. In the event of a relapse, then yes, you likely will have time to treat it.

- Matt
      March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
      March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
      6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
      LDH never fully normalized
      Stage: IS
      Watchful Waiting
      May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
      May 12th: started 3xBEP
      Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
      July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
      August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
      September 4th: Port removed
      January 8th 2018: 3.5 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

I may have been that poster mentioned above. My Oncologist warned me that any pains that wakes someone up from a deep sleep are the one you need to be worried about. If you keep waking up in the middle of the night from this pain, then yes, get it checked out. Also, she mentioned if the pain was associated with a tumor pressing on something then that pain would be nearly constant and likely worsen with time.

If there is anything going on (cancer wise) then yes the CT will reveal it. In the event of a relapse, then yes, you likely will have time to treat it.

- Matt
        March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
        March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
        6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
        LDH never fully normalized
        Stage: IS
        Watchful Waiting
        May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
        May 12th: started 3xBEP
        Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
        July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
        August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
        September 4th: Port removed
        January 8th 2018: 3.5 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

I disagree with what your doctor said about constsnt pain based on my personal experience.I had a recurrence 4 months ago, 2 enlarged lymph nodes in my abdomen. I had back pain and stomach pain. It was not constant, it would go from severe to dull to non existant in 1 day, or no pain some days. My lymph nodes were 4.2cm and 4.6cm.

Comment

StaticX that sounds the same as i am having the pain is in my upper abdomen and i get the odd lower back pain i have moved my CT scans forward to this Thursday i just hope it is my diverticulitis and acid reflux playing up fingers crossed

Comment

I feel if itís in that region that diverticulitis is a more likely culprit but moving the appointment up is a good way to be safe.
              3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 11/16/17 All Clear! AFP continues to drop!

Comment

I had my blood work and chest x-ray yesterday and my CT scans are today getting a little worried i have had consistent abdomen and back pain now for the last 3 days just not going away the pain in my abdomen is like a dull ache in my upper middle belly and sharp pains just to the right side of my navel and my back pain is the middle of my back also just like a dull ache so fingers crossed

Comment

Turns out my CT scans have shown some enlarged lymph nodes and i will need Chemo got my oncologist meeting on Thursday

Comment

Working...
                  X