X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will i start Chemo

So i was diagnosed June 7th last year with Seminoma in both testicles had them removed on the 13th June and we were doing observation i had my latest CT scan done yesterday and my urologist phoned me this morning to say you have some enlarged lymph nodes that is going to need Chemo i have no more information on the size of the nodes i will know more when i see my oncologist on Thursday my question is how quickly do you start your Chemo will it be the following week and generally how many cycles do you think i am looking at

within a minimum of 2 weeks. Iíve seen people here jump to the following Monday. I had to wait to the second Monday for a chair to open up.
    3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 9/12/18 All clears up to here!

Comment

Keep this in mind the cure rate for stage 1 is effectively about 100% because all relapses are caught in early stage 2. Just know this will cure you and in a few months it will be just a bad dream!
      3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 9/12/18 All clears up to here!

Comment

Thanks any tips for the chemo

Comment

Good thing is Seminoma melts with chemo, I had 2 tumors at 4.5cm and they shrunk to 1.3cm (well with the 3cm standards). From what you've said it sounds like bepx3 (I just finished mine a month ago) ull get bepx3 or bepx4 depending on of its spread to the organs. Probably starting the first Monday after your oncolgoy appt maybe second (mine was the Second) Chemo sucks, no sugar coating it. first 3 weeks weren't bad, and was working every day I didn't receive treatment, but every week did get harder. Everyone is different but I experienced Lots of fatigue and just feeling like crap. You will probably lose your hair on magical day 15, i kept up with my anti nausea meds, and had no issues with nausea at all. If you have any specific questions let me know

Comment

How does the 3 or 4 cycles work is it a full week of medication then a week off between how does it work

Comment

1 cycle is 3 weeks
              Week 1 mon - Friday
              Week 2 Tuesday
              Week 3 tuesday.

Repeat this 3 times for 9 weeks total of treatment

Weeks 2 and 3 weren't bad, week 1 is hell

Comment

How long is each visit how many hours a day

Comment

Did anyone have any weight loss before chemo started and how much weight did anyone loose during chemo

Comment

Week 1 was 5-6hrs a day
                    Week 2/3 Tuesdays are about 2hrs (chemo itself is only 15 mins), but u need an hr of hydration then pre meds

I lost no weight, they pump u with steroids every visit (pre meds) so your appetite stays up and I had no issues eating until my last 2 or 3 weeks but even then I only ate a bit less, not enough to lose more than a few lbs, i just didn't feel like eating

Comment

See oncologist this Thursday but i have just received my blood work to my phone here are the results
                      LD -134
                      Alpha Fetoprotein - 2.1
                      HCG - 2

Comment

Being Seminoma the most significant marker is your hcg, which is within normal range, (so is your afp) did they say the size of the enlarged lymph nodes?

Comment

My urologist phoned me on the Friday said your CT scans showed some enlarged lymph nodes the ct scan was abdominal and pelvis only he did not elaborate any further and I need to follow up with my oncologist which my appointment is this Thursday I did ask him is this treatable and he said yes it's treatable

Comment

Scotty - my son never really lost his appetite. Cycle 1 pretty much ate what he usually did. Cycle 2 lost the taste for sandwiches, ate a lot of honeycomb and reese puff's cereal and McDonald breakfast sandwiches. Cycle 3 the only food he said that tasted good was McDonald's, pizza and pasta. So between steroids and McDonalds he gained weight. Drink wise he would go on kicks of only wanting apple juice then would only want grape juice and then only Gatorade. Our doctor said eat whatever you want while going through Chemo.

Comment

Working...
                            X