X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long after RPLND can i play badminton/boxing and running

Had post chemo RPLND on january the 4th. Left me with sepsis and was in the hospital for 10 days. My question is when can i get back to sports? Will i ever be able to box again? my RPLND was done on both sides is this rare? does this mean the retrograde ejaculation will be permanent? please answer

Hello James, I couldn't say for sure how long it will take for you to get back to sports but I'm sure that day will come. I had a post chemo bi-lateral (not so rare) RPLND about 14 months ago with complications too. I had a double pulmonary embolism, chylous ascites, peritonitis and pneumonia and spent 40 days in the hospital before getting out about this time last year. By the spring I was back working construction and by the fall I was pretty well back physically to how I was before chemo and surgery. So I'm guessing you're younger than me as I'm 64 so you should bounce back even quicker.
    As for the retrograde you probably won't know for a year if they did nerve sparing. Mine still is retro but it's not an issue for me. Just give it time and know you've probably been through the worst of it now. You'll be sparring before you know it.

Comment

Working...
    X