X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a plan

So i spoke to my oncologist today i have now gone from stage 1s to now being a 2a i have 2 enlarged lymph nodes deep in my abdomen but because i am getting upper back pain and my last ct scan was only abdominal and pelvis only i need a chest ct and a whole bone scan just to check the bones if everything is ok i am looking at starting 3 * BEP cycles on Feb 19th just eager to get this started so i can put this whole mess behind me and move on with my life which i am sure i am going to do has anyone ever heard of testicular cancer spreading to your bones.

Dr Einhorn has just emailed me and said This is almost certainly metastatic seminoma and would easily be curable with BEP X 3 makes me feel better

Comment

are blood markers elevated?

Comment

All blood markers are in the normal range

Comment

How big are the enlarged lymph nodes.?

Comment

One is 17◊20◊20 mm and the other one is 11◊8 mm

Comment

I can't recall hearing of any case where it went to the bones, I would be comfortable skipping that scan.That larger node certainly indicates the need for treatment, so I'd proceed with that. Where are you located? Saturday is an odd day to start chemo here.

Dave
              Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
              Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Dr. Einhorn is the best. I too was Stage 2a and he also told me I was easily cured (he said close to 100% chance) and Iím now 7 months post chemo doing fine!
                3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 11/16/17 All Clear! AFP continues to drop!

Comment

Dave I in new jersey just outside Philadelphia I will be having treatment at Sidney Kimmel cancer center also Feb 19th is a Monday that is when it needs to start on

Comment

dcalandrelli quick question where was your enlarged lymph nodes i am a little worried i may have a couple more because i keep getting random pain in both armpits never lasts long a couple of minutes then goes a way for a while also did you have any random joint pain before chemo last couple of days out of nowhere i have stiff left and right ankles and hands

Comment

Sorry you were diagnosed with TC. Hopefully your Ct Scan will help alleviate your concerns. It is normal during the anxiety ridden time period of dx and treatment to feel odd pains. Usually they will check lymph nodes during exams or if not ask at followup appointment.
                      Son Grant
                      dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                      Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                      2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                      Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.
                      Grant is enjoying his senior year in High School Cancer Free!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty808 View Post
                        Dave I in new jersey just outside Philadelphia I will be having treatment at Sidney Kimmel cancer center also Feb 19th is a Monday that is when it needs to start on
                        I was born & raised in NJ. Also, sorry, I had cataract surgery this week & my eyes haven't quite settled down yet must of misread
                        the calendar.

Comment

No worries Dave i am from Manchester England have been in New Jersey for 9 years. Could anyone recommend any multivitamins that might be good for chemo

Comment

I stopped all multivitamins during chemo to ensure the chemo medication is doing what it is supposed to do.
                            6/2016 - Right I/O; 35% Yolk Sac, 35% Teratoma, 10%EC, 20% Seminoma with LVI; AFP elevated; CT scan clean
                            7/2016 - markers normal; confirmed Stage 1B; surveillance
                            8/2016 - markers normal
                            9/2016 - markers normal
                            10/2016 - markers normal; CT scan revealed 3mm lung nodule
                            12/2016 - markers normal
                            2/2017- markers normal; CT scan confirmed lung nodule grew to 14mm; confirmed relapse
                            3/2017 - 3xBEP
                            5/2017 - finished 3xBEP
                            6/2017 - markers normal; no size reduction in lung nodule
                            8/2017 - VATS and markers normal; continue to surveillance
                            12/2017 - all clear

Comment

Vitamins don't seem to matter one way or the other, I continued taking the same vitamins I have taken for years and the chemo still did it's job. I wouldn't start anything new, though, unless your doc agrees.

Dave
                              Last edited by Davepet; 02-10-18, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X