Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scotty808
    • Jun 2017

So I got my chest CT and bone scan results they were all clear so just the 2 lymph nodes in my abdomen to be zapped by chemo starting a week on Monday

Comment

• Sk8rMom
      • Aug 2017

That's GREAT news! Listen to your body during the chemo. Rest when you need to & play when you need to And take those nausea meds! They helped my son tremendously. You will get through this!
      Son, Drew-24
      Traumatic brain injury age 12-disabled (not TC related but pertinent to why I'm all in his biz lol)
      4/5/17 Felt testicular pain & swelling
      5/10/17 Told me-called for Dr. appt.
      7/28/17!!! Dr. appt. set
      7/27/17 Went to ER. Increased pain spreading to back & abdomen. Ultrasound & bloodwork-"Looks like a tumor".
      7/28/17 L I/O
      7/31/17 Abd/pelvic/chest CT-Stage 3A
      8/17/17 Port placement
      8/21-11/2/17 BEP X3
      1/25/18 Open bilateral RPLND @ IU- NED (R nerve spared/ L nerve not so lucky)

Comment

• scotty808
        • Jun 2017

It's a good job it is going to start a week on Monday because my wife and daughter both have the flu and I am starting to get it also

Comment

• Davepet
          • Mar 2010

Make sure your doc knows about the flu, chemo kicks the st!t out of your immune system as a rule.Putting it off a week might be safer.

Dave
          Last edited by Davepet; 02-18-18, 09:03 PM.
          Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
          Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• billandtuna
            • Feb 2018

Good luck Scotty!!
            You may find this guide helpful for managing symptoms of chemo - it is very generic and not everything is relevant to BEP, but I found it a good clear guide to handling side effects.
            Find out what chemotherapy is, how it works, when it's used, what it involves and what side effects it can cause.
            Painless lump 5/18/2017
            Orchidectomy June 2017 (4.5cm, rete testis involvement)
            Chemo Summer 2017 (2x7AUC carboplatin)
            No evidence of relapse since, but plenty of anxiety about it.

I'm also an epidemiologist, and a professor at a medical school (with NO training in oncology), oh, and gay, too.

Comment

• scotty808
              • Jun 2017

Thank you very much

Comment

• Ann
                • Aug 2017

Scotty808 - Wishing you the best as you start 3XBEP. I asked my son (finished his 3XBEP 11/17) what words of wisdom would you give someone who is starting the BEP. He said, "Keep an open mind." Don't think too much about it, just know it's a short bump in the road.
                Last edited by Ann; 02-19-18, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Trekga
                  • Jan 2017

Hope your wife and child are recovering from the flu, and you are not confirmed. As someone mentioned might want to let Oncologist know.
                  Son Grant
                  dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
                  Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
                  2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
                  Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

• scotty808
                    • Jun 2017

Flu defo confirmed yesterday I had a tempreture of 103.5 felt awful today my temp is almost normal but I have a really bad chesty cough have left a message with my oncologist

Comment

• scotty808
                      • Jun 2017

Just spoke to my oncologist there going to put chemo back a week so I can get fully fit which I think is a good idea

Comment

Working...
                      X