X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold symptoms

Hi there i hope to be starting my 3 * BEP a week on Monday but last night i was having awful ear pain and i woke up full of a cold painful neck glands and pain under my armpits and diarrhea could this possibly delay start of treatment i have a week to try and rid myself of this. Would my immune system all ready be lower just for having cancer inside me

Personally, my immune system didn't get low enough to be below the normal range until week 4/5 (then I started to get neupogen shots one weeks 2 and 3 of the each cycle). U should be fine, but of course when dealing with chemo consult your nurses, drs, and chemo consultant (of you have one) about everything.

Comment

Talk to your dos ASAP. To the best of my knowledge, just having cancer does not lower the immune system, but chemo almost always does. I could be wrong, but starting chemo with symptoms like that sounds like a bad idea to me, especially with the nasty flu strain this year. I would think waiting a week or two for it to pass would be better than knocking the sh!t out of your immune system just when you need it most.

Dave
      Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
      Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

I was personally coming out of a cold at the beginning of my chemo treatment which meant I was still coughing fairly intensively and blowing my nose frequently and in my case this didn't delay the start of treatment. Definitely tell your doctor.
        2016 Oct. 25: Noticed hard knot on right testicle
        2016 Nov. 7: Right IO. Pathology 100% seminoma, despite slightly elevated AFP, surveillance begins
        2017 Nov.: Recurrence: AFP 1091, HCG ~10, CT scan shows a 53x37mm lymph node
        2017 Dec. - 2018 March: AFP ~1600, 4xBEP, significant reduction in tumor size to 16x14mm, tumormarkers return to normal. During chemo, pathology is reevaluated, finds 98% seminoma, 2% embryonal carcinoma
        2018 August 6: L-RPLND, teratoma only, back to surveillance

Comment

Working...
        X