How long for testosterone levels to normalize.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcchung
    • Feb 2018

How long for testosterone levels to normalize.

I'm a week out from my left orchiectomy. I just had my total test checked and its in at 10.5 nmol/L (LH is at 8 IU/L, and FSH at 10 IU/L). In the normal range, but definitely low. I know im only a week out from the surgery and its too soon to say anything, but how long does it usually take for test levels to normalize? My ultrasound showed my remaining testicle is healthy and is already pretty big (21 cc). Definitely felt some growing pains (??) in the right testicle since. And as dumb as it sounds, I'm doing things to pressure it to grow/produce testosterone (eg. masturbate, weight training). Don't worry, even though I do these things, I'm very careful not to place pressure on the incision. It actually is healing fantastic and I've weaned off of the painkillers on 2 days post surgery. No pain since.
    I never had my pre-io testosterone levels checked, but I suspect it was low for about 6 months leading up to the procedure. Definitely felt fatigued and irritable pre-surgery. However, the symptoms are a bit more pronounced now. I'm having a few night sweats, noticeably poorer recovery following workouts, the same fatigue as pre-io, the same irritability as pre-io. Also slight loss in muscle mass, and slight gain in fat (I don't know if this one's just my mind ****ing with me).
    Has anyone else tracked their test levels pre-io and at regular intervals post-io? How did it trend up? Did chemo or other treatments affect your test levels?
  • Violet0729
    • Feb 2018

Hello, i dont have enough info on all this but my husband has a left i/o last week and hes been moody, fatigued, night sweats or sweaty out of the blue. I it really affected having his testicle removed and hos testosterone levels are low. We have a follow with Urologist tomorrow for results on his labs and tumor and surgery. Hopefully they can check his testosterone level because his symptoms are bad.

Comment

• billandtuna
      • Feb 2018

Hi bcchung,
      Welcome aboard!
      Sounds like you're healing from the surgery very well!

I don't know much about testosterone levels, except my own experience, they were normal before and normal 8 months afterwards, didn't have it checked in between.
      Painless lump 5/18/2017
      Orchidectomy June 2017 (4.5cm, rete testis involvement)
      Chemo Summer 2017 (2x7AUC carboplatin)
      No evidence of relapse since, but plenty of anxiety about it.

I'm also an epidemiologist, and a professor at a medical school (with NO training in oncology), oh, and gay, too.

Comment

Working...
      X