Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gynecomastia post orchiectomy?!?

Hi all,

It has been just over two months from my orchiectomy. Last week I noticed my left pec (breast) was semi swollen. No pain associated at first, but I started to feel around and It was sore (not painful) to touch. I felt almost what seems to be a few fatty knots, Maybe lymph nodes, on the side of my pec and one pea sized harder bump just under my nipple. Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for any insight!

Sounds like something I'd talk to my doctor about.
    Age 31 - Portland, OR
    01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
    13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
    27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
    06DEC16 - CT scan clear
    09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
    03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
    18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

The doctor will schedule an ultrasound to confirm.
      6/2016 - Right I/O; 35% Yolk Sac, 35% Teratoma, 10%EC, 20% Seminoma with LVI; AFP elevated; CT scan clean
      7/2016 - markers normal; confirmed Stage 1B; surveillance
      8/2016 - markers normal
      9/2016 - markers normal
      10/2016 - markers normal; CT scan revealed 3mm lung nodule
      12/2016 - markers normal
      2/2017- markers normal; CT scan confirmed lung nodule grew to 14mm; confirmed relapse
      3/2017 - 3xBEP
      5/2017 - finished 3xBEP
      6/2017 - markers normal; no size reduction in lung nodule
      8/2017 - VATS and markers normal; continue to surveillance
      12/2017 - all clear
      ​3/2018 - all clear
      6/2018 - all clear

Comment

Have they considered to check hormone levels (testosterone, estradiol)?
        Age 31 - Portland, OR
        01NOV16- Pain in right testicle, palpable mass
        13NOV16- R I/O. Markers normal
        27NOV16- Stage Ia non-seminoma, 1.3cm, 100% EC, no LVI
        06DEC16 - CT scan clear
        09DEC16 - Started 1xBEP. Neutropenic at day 15; Worst part for me was bleo (allergic).
        03JAN17- Ended 1xBEP; start surveillance
        18MAR17-2nd pathology report shows 90% EC , 10% seminoma

Comment

mcintoda,

No, not yet. I scheduled an appointment with my oncologist Friday. I am going to request my blood work for hormone levels because all weíve been doing are tumor markers. Iím not one to over exaggerate or self diagnos, but it seems that I have swollen auxiliary lymph nodes which would be suspicious for breast cancer along with the lump under the nipple.

Luckily, my oncologist will see me this week before my scheduled appointment next month. So, we shall see!

Comment

This happened to me 3 months after my first. It took a better part of a year for my hormones to level out. Then with my second...well thatís another story. But I agree with the others, get your hormones checked. Total Testosterone, Free Testosterone and e2 at the minimum. If possible check your lh/fsh to see the pituitary is signaling your remaining teste to make T. Track it close and if need be you might need to go on trt depending on your levels otherwise if you let it go too long it will be permanent unless you have surgery to remove the gyno.
            TC#1
            May 2013 - Left Orchiectomy - Stage pT1 Seminoma (2.3 cm)
            June 2013 - 1 Dose 1000mg of Carboplatin ---> Surveillance
            TC#2
            May 2015 - Right Orchiectomy - Stage pT1 Seminoma (2.2cm)
            TRT - Androgel 40.5mg 1.62%
            June 2015 - Surveillance

Comment

cc79,

Thanks for your insight! This puts me more at ease. Should have all my results by next Monday.

Could you possible describe to me how yours felt? The tissue/fat overall feel? I am relatively in shape. I could lose 10-15 pounds. Naturally bulky, but what I am feeling in my breast doesnít feel like any breast tissue Iíve ever felt.

Comment

My sensation was very much like yours. Left nipple became very sore, large and puffy. I noticed when my wife would lay back on me on the couch it would be really sensitive and hurt. Couldnít feel any real lumps, just seemed like fluid or an increase in fat. My right nipple started to follow not long behind. Had my hormones checked and my testosterone was pretty low and my lh/fsh was really high suggesting the pituitary was calling for my lone teste to produce more T but it just couldnít get keep up. The endo said to keep an eye on it and did some hormone tests every few months. After about a year things seem to level back out. However a year later tc2 hit and ended up on trt anyway.
                TC#1
                May 2013 - Left Orchiectomy - Stage pT1 Seminoma (2.3 cm)
                June 2013 - 1 Dose 1000mg of Carboplatin ---> Surveillance
                TC#2
                May 2015 - Right Orchiectomy - Stage pT1 Seminoma (2.2cm)
                TRT - Androgel 40.5mg 1.62%
                June 2015 - Surveillance

Comment

Hey guys,

I had my FSH and LH tested, both in normal range. I see my oncologist today- it will be the first time to get the breast isssue physically checked. She is going to order total T and free T test as well. I honestly donít know what this will mean if all my hormones are in great levels, yet I still have this masses in my breast.

Comment

Working...
                  X