X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scotty808
    • Jun 2017

Increased resting heart rate

I started my first cycle of 3 rounds of BEP yesterday had no problems at all but the only thing I noticed when I got home my resting heart rate had gone up about 30 bpm at rest it was just over 100 bpm and it is usually 70 bpm and my normal heart rate when sleeping is about 55 bpm but last night it did not go lower than 76 bpm was just wondering did anyone have this problem thanks
  • Davepet
    • Mar 2010

It's been a long time now, but I do recall my heart racing at times during 3xBEP. Pretty sure my doc said it was just the meds & not to worry, but certainly mention it to your doc.

Dave
    Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
    Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• JeskiM69
      • May 2014

Sounds normal....for BEP. My heart rate was always 90-105, sometimes higher during chemo.

I think that there were certain "cut-off" values where if it gets too high they may forego or delay chemo. You may want to ask the nurses about it....I don't recall if its the heart rate, blood pressure, or both.....I just remember that if some values got too high they may delay.

- Matt
      March 4th 2014: [AFP = 2.5; bHCG = 6; LDH = 618]
      March 13th: Left IO 100% Classic Seminoma
      6.3 x 5.1 x 3.8 cm, no invasion of anything
      LDH never fully normalized
      Stage: IS
      Watchful Waiting
      May 1st: promoted to Stage IIB with two PET active tumors in the para-aortic lymph nodes 2.5 & 2.4 cm
      May 12th: started 3xBEP
      Neupogen during Cycle 2 and 3
      July 8th: Last Bleo shot of Cycle 3 -- chemo completed !
      August 4th: Post Chemo CT/PET scan
      September 4th: Port removed
      Jan 9th 2019: 4.5 YEARS ALL CLEAR !

Comment

• scotty808
        • Jun 2017

Thanks sat in the chemo chair now on my 2nd bag of meds heart rate is about 95 the docs and nurses don't seem to concerned

Comment

• Saustin0612
          • Jul 2016

I was tachy all through chemo. The steroids they give you for nausea can cause increased heart rate.
          May 6 - R/O Left Testicle
          Pathology Report - Mixed Germ Cell Tumor - Non-Seminoma
          80% Embryonal 20% Yolk Sac
          Margin Free, No LVI.
          Tumor Markers - Normal
          Stage 1A - On Surveillance

September CT Scan showed 2 Para-Aortic enlarged lymph nodes measuring 1.6cm and 1.3cm
          Restaged 2A
          9/26 Started BEP x 3
          11/21 Ended BEP x 3
          11/21 On Surveillance Again - Lymph Nodes on post chemotherapy scan were 9mm and are expected to shrink further. Merry Christmas to me!!

Comment

• dcalandrelli
            • Apr 2017

Had the same issues. My heart rate shot up because of the drugs and was consistently over 90-100 when I had drugs during my long weeks. Don’t be concerned that’s normal from what my doctors and nurses told me.
            3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 6/08/23 All clears up to here! 6 years all clear! Son born September 2022, conceived naturally!

Comment

• scotty808
              • Jun 2017

Day 3 is in the books feeling a little tired have not felt sick at all just had some insomnia last night the doc said that was probably due to the steroids they gave me hoping for a better night sleep tonight

Comment

• StaticX
                • Oct 2017

Keep up with the anti nausea meds. I oddly had no nausea issues until a week after bepx3 was over. And yes the steroids had weird affects like irritabiltiy, very hungry and slight darkening of the skin. Keep a positive attitude and know it will all be over soon

Comment

• Davepet
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by scotty808 View Post
                  Day 3 is in the books feeling a little tired have not felt sick at all just had some insomnia last night the doc said that was probably due to the steroids they gave me hoping for a better night sleep tonight
                  I had no nausea during my long weeks, but got a bit queasy on the weekends, so that was the only time I took the nausea pills. Absolutely at the first notice of feeling bad). That period extended by a day or two with each passing long week.The IV anti-nausea meds they use are pretty effective, at least I found them to be. YMMV.

I never had trouble sleeping, staying awake was a bigger problem. I would drop off just about any time I sat down. We all experience chem a little differently.About the time you got it figured out it will be over...

Dave
                  Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
                  Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

• scotty808
                    • Jun 2017

First full week of chemo is all done had no nausea feeling ok the only thing is insomnia at night is pretty bad hoping to get some good sleep over the weekend

Comment

• ByeByeMrRighty
                      • Oct 2017

That is interesting. Just finished my first cycle of three, and also have experienced an increased heart rate. Particularly after eating a meal, but it can last hours. I mentioned it to the nurses, not sure what to think about it.

Comment

• dcalandrelli
                        • Apr 2017

The drugs they gave me also gave increased heart rates and was up all the time. They pump you with so much water though I imagine you pee a ton through the night.
                        3/29/17 Diagnosed 100% Embryonal 4/10/17 Left I/O CT scan shows a few suspicious lymph (biggest 1.9 cm) 5/8/17 - 7/3/17 3xBEP 7/20/17 CT Scan Clear, AFP has uptick to 19 8/16/17 AFP Drops in half to 10, ALL CLEAR! 6/08/23 All clears up to here! 6 years all clear! Son born September 2022, conceived naturally!

Comment

• JoeTheAstronaut
                          • Dec 2016

I had heart racing after Bleo shots - nurses told me that's normal for Bleo
                          July 2016 - Left I/O
                          December 2016 - BEPx3
                          All clear for 2.5 years now + new baby!

Simplify Cancer: Man's Guide to Navigating the Everyday Reality of Cancer
                          My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
                          First Oncologist Visit Checklist
                          Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Working...
                          X