Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I doubt your former Oncologist truly consulted with Dr. E as he would never suggest EP again if EP was used during initial treatment. Again, too many Oncologists who are well versed in blood cancers, etc truly are mismanaging TC cases. Keep us updated about what Dr. E says, and as mentioned above do seek another TC expert opinion if possible. Wishing you hope.
    Son Grant
    dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
    Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
    2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
    Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Iím trying to figure out who else would be good to contact. Sloan Kettering? Dr Nieto at MD Anderson?
      Iím fearful part of me is already giving in, which of course I canít win if I donít have fight.

Comment

Ironic, about 5 minutes after that post I got a call from my oncologist. Heís encouraging me to go see Einhorn, though he seems to think Einhorn is going to be pessimistic about my case. He also seems to think Einhorn wonít say hdc w/ sct would be much of an option.

His practice is also linked with MD Anderson, said he reached out to them and was immediately told that Dr. Nieto would be someone I should see. So I asked for my records and everything to be sent and that id like to get an appointment with Dr.Nieto so he should be referring me and Iíll be getting an appointment with Dr. Nieto.

At this point Iím thinking HDC w/ SCT is my best option. But of course Iím not a doctor so maybe the other chemo regimens may be enough. I hold some optimistic thoughts since the tumor and spots did seem to react somewhat to the chemo (it did shrink ~40% even though afp only dropped a little after the last round). I want to try to hold onto some kind of hope.

Comment

Powerful words, Tarc79!! I hope you get the way out of this, Pwsuba, thinking of you!! You have done it once, you can do it again
          July 2016 - Left I/O
          December 2016 - BEPx3
          All clear for 1 year!

My Testicular Cancer Support Kit
          First Oncologist Visit Checklist
          Simplify Cancer Podcast

Comment

Working...
          X