X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemo has been stopped due to to low lung function

I am currently in my 3rd cycle of BEP but I have been having some issues the 1st was I have been having really high heat rate problems the last 4 days and I was due to have my bleo yesterday by my oncologist said they were not going to do it and she wanted me to go for a lung function test which I did she called me later in the day to say my lung function test was low due to the bleo and we're stopping it she wants me to go for a chest x-ray which I am having done today she also thinks my my high heart rate might be be down to the last dose of nulesta I was stage 2a with 2 slightly enlarged abdominal lymph nodes my question is what do you think they will do next and is it worth getting in contact with a cardiologist. My oncologist did say my lungs should recover

Your original schedule was 3xBEP right? I would say skip the last bleo and do one final round of EP. That is common in cases of bleo sensitivity.
    6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
    6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
    7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
    7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
    10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
    10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
    4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
    4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
    3/29/2018 all clears up to this date!

Comment

During my first treatment, 2010, i was scheduled for 3xbep but after the second round my ling function had dropped so much they changed me to ep, so I ended up doing both bep and ep. It still put me into remission. And yes lungs did recover.

Comment

Pwsuba that is what I hope the oncologist tells me I have already done the 3 full weeks so will it just be 1 more week of EP then

Comment

Just for information sake, of course this was my experience yours may be very different or the same.

We tested my lungs before the start and after round 2. Lung function went from 115% expected down to 60% expected which is why bleo was pulled from my treatment. Tested again a few months later I was back up over 80% expected.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty808 View Post
            Pwsuba that is what I hope the oncologist tells me I have already done the 3 full weeks so will it just be 1 more week of EP then
            So you had 7 weeks of 3xBEP? If so, I suspect missing only 2 does of bleo only might not be a problem. You *might* be able to avoid an extra EP, but I'n not a doc.

Dave
            Jan, 1975: Right I/O, followed by RPLND
            Dec, 2009: Left I/O, followed by 3xBEP

Comment

Working...
            X