X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing Dr. E... hotel recomendations?

I made a post a few days ago in the caregivers support group about my son who has Choriocarcenoma Stage 3. He has finished Chemo and his oncologist had him scheduled to see surgeons next week. I emailed Dr. E his bloodwork last CT and orginal pathology report and Dr. E wants him to come to Indiana next week and said do not do surgery at this point. We are not sure how we are going to pay for all of this as he only has Arkansas medicaid but we are going to figure it out someway. We are driving the 10 hours to get him there. Does anyone that has gone uo there have recomemdations for hotels? I know nothing about the area.

I literally just got back from meeting with Dr.E yesterday.
    We stayed at the Hampton inn downtown, while not the cheapest it was only ~10 from the Simon cancer center.

You can call, I believe they have connections with hotels to offer discounts to patients. Though, I could totally be wrong about that.

Comment

"Procare" has nicely discounted rates for IU patients and family at certain hotels.
      https://iuhealth.org/find-locations/...rsity-hospital Procare Network

If family members and other guests need a place to stay, ProCare Network (a free service) can help you find hotels offering special discounted rates. If you would like to call the hotel yourself, ask for the “ProCare rate” when reserving a room.
      ProCare Network

Procarenetwork.com
      Monday-Friday, 8 am - 7 pm
      We have stayed at both the candlewood suites (white river parkway), and at the residence inn (canal park). We needed suites with a separate bedroom though since we had a 1 and 2 year old with at the time. The candlewood was cheaper but the residence inn was significantly more convenient, walking distance to everything.
      6/5/15: bHCG 27,AFP 8.66, LDH 361, 5.6cm lymph node - Stage IIC
      6/16/15: Left I/O 85% EC, 10% chorio, 5% yolk sac opinion 2 (mayo) 90% EC, 10% yolk sac
      7/7/15: bHCG 56, AFP 42, LDH 322
      7/13/15 - 9/18/15: 4xEP
      10/1/15: bloodwork normal, ct scan shows 2 lymph nodes 1.0cm
      10/26/15: 2nd opinion on CT results - lymph nodes normal. Surveillance!
      4/6/16: 1.7cm X 1.5cm lymph node found with markers normal.
      4/20/16: RPLND @ IU - teratoma only!
      3/29/2018 all clears up to this date!

Comment

I sent you a private message a few days ago so feel free to contact me directly. I would see what IU recommends. Also, another option nationwide for discounted rates for medical care is Joe's House http://www.joeshouse.org/

Mike
        Oct. 2005 felt lump but waited over 7 months.
        06.15.06 "You have Cancer"
        06.26.06 Left I/O
        06.29.06 Personal Cancer Diagnosis Date: Got my own pathology report from medical records.
        06.30.06 It's Official - Stage I Seminoma
        Surveillance...
        Founded the Testicular Cancer Society
        6.29.13 Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro for 7th Cancerversary

Comment

Some great suggestions, wishing your son the best, can't beat treatment or consultation at IU!!!
          Son Grant
          dx 12/21/16 at age 17

BEP x3
          Post Chemo CT Scan on 3/28/17 still showed a few nodes over 2 cm
          2nd Post Chemo CT Scan on 4/27/17 showed all nodes still over 2cm
          Post Chemo RPLND 5/8/17: Periaortic Teratoma, Intraaorticaval Teratoma, and Paracaval Teratoma found.

Comment

Working...
          X